Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Commonwealth 7s - Pitch  (Read 25165 times)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Commonwealth 7s - Pitch
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2022, 09:16:56 PM »
SBSam ...........  make up your  mind please. 

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2022, 09:41:59 PM »
CCFC had played in Northampton the previous season and a bit and had jut been tricked in to mov8ng back by the duplicitous city council. But as tenants, obviously.
Crikey SBSam that’s just a bit ridiculous. How did they trick you?

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2022, 09:53:58 PM »
Crikey SBSam that’s just a bit ridiculous. How did they trick you?

I like to think it involved something akin to this, but with a football stadium instead of a tunnel:

:P

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2022, 10:31:22 PM »
CCFC had played in Northampton the previous season and a bit and had jut been tricked in to mov8ng back by the duplicitous city council. But as tenants, obviously.

I thought you wanted to be back?
We are back.

I don’t want to go over all the old ground (no pun intended) and I fully recognise SISU’s attempt at a Machiavellian strategy which failed.  I use the term duplicitous because, on our return from Northampton, one of the local councillors (since deceased) told the Cov Tel that there was still a route to Ricoh ownership for the football club, whilst clearly discussions with Wasps were at an advanced stage.

Of course, he could have had a far seeing crystal ball :)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2022, 10:48:02 PM »
Yes, let’s not cover this whole thing again. Seems to me paying the rent would have kept that option open for CCFC.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2022, 10:57:00 PM »
       :)     

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2022, 11:06:06 PM »
This was after the return, when they were paying rent. The trick was the council engineering a return with a belief that there was an opportunity to buy, whilst being in advanced position with Wasps.

In terms of making my mind up, I am actually pretty ambivalent about who owns the stadium. If it’s not the football club, then just having decent landlords who maintain the stadium ( as required by the legal charge supporting the bonds security) and providing an adequate playing surface (something like League 1 Burton Albion’s would do for now).

BTW, I don’t know if you noticed in the EFL statement but the independent agronomist report suggests that the pitch in its current state would be unsafe for match officials. They don’t roll around much unless Paolo Di Canio is involved.

IF it really is unsafe for football match officials, it is unlikely  to be safe for rugby players either.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 11:13:44 PM by SBSam »

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2022, 11:08:47 PM »
Yes, let’s not cover this whole thing again. Seems to me paying the rent would have kept that option open for CCFC.
PAying the bondholders will keep that option open for Wasps as well.

:)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 11:30:06 PM by SBSam »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2022, 07:07:21 AM »
Fair enough Sam - you’re obviously convinced it’s never the football clubs fault - no point continuing with a pointless back and forth. The pitch issue needs fixing. It’s obvious Wasps can’t lay a new one - whether that be cash flow based or whether those potentially involved in the refinancing have some sort of stranglehold on expenditure. So we’re all just waiting to see where we go from here.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2022, 08:50:37 AM »
Fair enough Sam - you’re obviously convinced it’s never the football clubs fault - no point continuing with a pointless back and forth. The pitch issue needs fixing. It’s obvious Wasps can’t lay a new one - whether that be cash flow based or whether those potentially involved in the refinancing have some sort of stranglehold on expenditure. So we’re all just waiting to see where we go from here.

I’m not convinced that it’s never the football clubs fault, but the state of the pitch definitely isn’t. Wasps are receiving an income for a facility/ service they are not providing and need to get it sorted come what may. When there is some form of legal response it will be fully justified not SISU up to their old tricks again.

The football club have offered to help with the cash flow despite suffering in the regard themselves. I have paid about £1,000 to attend home games this season and I am being denied that pleasure because of Wasps - whom you at last seem to acknowledge are in financial difficulty.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:05 AM »
Isn't it funny how the CCFC fans have gone from calling out the EFL about everything to the EFL being always right.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2022, 08:57:29 AM »
What is the actual state of the pitch?
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2022, 08:58:35 AM »
Today it ceases to be the Commonwealth Games Organisers responsibility.
Let me tell you something cucumber

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2022, 09:27:48 AM »
Yes, the CG exclusivity was until the 14th, so it's now fully in the hands of Wasps to resolve.

Hopefully there is an action plan which they have been lining up to begin today.

Question - did the agronomist report get made public?

I see that "Coventry City have triggered the ‘dispute resolution mechanism’ in their contract with CBS Arena owners Wasps after failing to reach a satisfactory solution to the stadium’s pitch crisis." Hopefully Andy Street can talk some sense into them, because there seems to be a complete impasse at the moment.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2022, 09:42:37 AM »
The football club have offered to help with the cash flow despite suffering in the regard themselves. I have paid about £1,000 to attend home games this season and I am being denied that pleasure because of Wasps - whom you at last seem to acknowledge are in financial difficulty.

One of the things I struggle with is your insistence that Derek cannot know for certain the future of his own businesses, yet you can.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here