Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Commonwealth 7s - Pitch  (Read 25168 times)

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Commonwealth 7s - Pitch
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2022, 11:32:19 AM »
As you have taken over this board I note you haven't commented on Ashley's return yet.
Neil’s - apologies for my flip original response. I am trying not to get involved in matters on which my opinion would have absolutely no validity (puts tin hat on).

I am not sure my 58 posts could really be described as taking over the board - you have over 12.5k

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2022, 12:21:29 PM »
 :)   But Neils has been at posting a lot longer.   

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2022, 12:25:16 PM »
With respect you’re tying yourself in knots Sam. When they talk of pursuing other options it’s likely that’s in addition to HSBC. It seems likely to me that they’ve attached covenants or at the least conditions that Wasps are now seeking to meet - but these things take time. They will not have a team tapping their fingers just doing Wasps stuff. Everyone understands the frustration over the pitch but I seriously wouldn’t rule out Boddy being told to put a spin on a report. CCFC have time and time again put fans last to pursue business interests. Fact is these events will likely be sequential with the first domino being the refinancing being sorted.

I answer a direct question directly and I am tying myself up in knots. You have no idea what other finance options are being pursued or whether HSBC are still involved, but you suggested ages ago it would take but a few weeks.

If Boddy had spun the report, I am sure Vaughan would have contradicted him by now.

Dominos can fall one of two ways, depending on which end is tipped over first. Wasps don’t have control of either end.

To be honest, I think it’s you who is tying himself up in knots.

PS we should have a beer sometime, when all this is sorted out.
Indeed we should. You could come to the CBS for a Wasps game and see what entertaining sport looks like. 😉

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2022, 01:03:15 PM »

If you can face coming along to a rugby game next time I'm up I'll happily stand you a beer.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2022, 01:23:19 PM »
:)   But Neils has been at posting a lot longer.

I know, it’s just under 6 posts a day. But there is only one of me and lots of you to respond to.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2022, 01:25:15 PM »

If you can face coming along to a rugby game next time I'm up I'll happily stand you a beer.

Great, two beers.

Someone once promised to take me to a Wasps match but it didn’t happen. Let’s hope the pitch is up to it by then.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2022, 01:41:36 PM »
Anybody else think this is turning into a EFL/SISU f**k up?

I would like to know why Dave Boddy said that it was "impossible" for CCFC to rearrange and play all their early fixtures away. Were EFL being particularly unhelpful and threatening CCFC with fines and/or points deductions? I understand (though could be quite wrong here) that some precedent had already been set when EFL were kind and understanding with Spurs.

Not that I take any interest but the EFL don't have anything to do with Spurs until they are relegated.

Displaying my ignorance for all to see ::)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2022, 01:43:23 PM »

Great, two beers.

Someone once promised to take me to a Wasps match but it didn’t happen. Let’s hope the pitch is up to it by then.

However bad it is it'll still be better than the swamp Bath play on.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2022, 02:36:45 PM »
Anybody else think this is turning into a EFL/SISU f**k up?

I would like to know why Dave Boddy said that it was "impossible" for CCFC to rearrange and play all their early fixtures away. Were EFL being particularly unhelpful and threatening CCFC with fines and/or points deductions? I understand (though could be quite wrong here) that some precedent had already been set when EFL were kind and understanding with Spurs.
Playing Devil's Advocate ....

I can see EFL's point. They have to protect other teams in the league and allowing CCFC a run of away games at the start of the season means they get a run of home games later when there might be more at stake.

In reality that's probably the excuse and not the reason. It more of a power play to ensure football has primacy if other clubs go down the ground sharing route. They won't want anything that affects TV rights negotiations no matter how obscure.

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2022, 04:10:54 PM »

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2022, 04:28:11 PM »
He seems to have forgotten 3 months ago he was told the pitch wasn't being relaid.
I'm certainly not falling for the SISU gameplan.
SBT is in meltdown at the minute I think the penny is finally dropping.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2022, 04:39:49 PM »

I assume the problem with the "lay and play" or other quick fix solutions is that they may be suitable for football, but almost certainly aren't suitable for rugby until they fully bed in.

I can therefore see wasps' reluctance to spend a considerable sum for something that wouldn't suit us, even though it'd likely solve the issue for ccfc.

It's one thing providing for a tenant, but no one is going to do something that is significantly to their own detriment

The perfect solution to this would have been a new pitch laid in the off season, but the CW games meant that wasn't possible either.

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2022, 05:09:32 PM »
Hmm: https://twitter.com/aaWasps

I can't see it getting much traction, given that CCFC apparently have an away game that day, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2022, 05:53:19 PM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2022, 06:40:58 PM »
CCFC want Wasps to spend £500k with zero money from CCFC (maybe a small a loan) to lay a pitch that will tear up like a carpet the moment a rugby match is played. At which point CCFC demand Wasps pay to lay another new pitch at a cost of £500k.  Repeat the process 16 times for the 16 home rugby matches and Wasps have spent £8M keeping CCFC happy. And they'll still find something to complain about.
Is this a SISU plan to bankrupt Wasps? 🤔