Always a Wasp

Author Topic: We're Not The Only Side with Front Row Problems.  (Read 1628 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
We're Not The Only Side with Front Row Problems.
« on: December 07, 2018, 10:04:30 AM »
Budgies could find themselves playing Edinburgh tonight in the Champions Cup with 14 men and uncontested scrums.

Full story in The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/06/prop-crisis-newcastle-champions-cup-rugby-union
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: We're Not The Only Side with Front Row Problems.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 10:10:09 AM »
Both they and us need to actually field 23 players. To not do so will invoke a financial and possibly points penalty. Even IF you NO fit tighteads say (or it could be looseheads or hookers) you field a walking wounded tighthead and another on the bench. A few minutes into the game, the tighthead gets 'injured' and has to go off, to be replaced by the even less fit other one. Who very quickly gets 'injured' and then you are down to 14 and uncontested scrums. Rules is rules. You have to have two loosehead, two tighthead and two hookers who the club certify are trained and competent to play in those positions (this is done when the club submits the squad list early in the season) in the matchday 23. Nothing about them having to be fit in the rules.

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: We're Not The Only Side with Front Row Problems.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 01:43:08 PM »
I look after the admin for my local community club 1st team. You can't play in the 1s league games if you are not registered for the club. You have to start a game with 4 FR capable players. You are allowed 100 registrations, and my instructions when taking on the job was if they were FR capable and lived within 100 miles, register them; and don't deregister them until they are 55 (well just a bit facetious)

Late registrations to play the coming weekend, and the RFU can/will charge £45 (almost as much as my membership fee) for a late transfer. They, as well as ECC, love making it easy for (community) clubs.......