Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Oh dear part 2.  (Read 4651 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear part 2.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 09:09:32 PM »
Indeed under soil heating is a thing, but when I used to watch football I remember matches being called off when it was available but couldn’t cope.

It’s not exactly environmentally friendly and with energy prices going through the roof cancellations might be the cheaper option.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2022, 10:14:53 PM »
What a helpful, fulsome response. Similar to the bonds communications.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2022, 10:58:46 PM »
Maybe they don’t want to engage in the spurious undermining games CCFC are now favouring. Back to what they like doing best. Should never have let them come back.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 01:52:07 AM »
Didn’t the pitch start tearing up within a few minutes of the 7s being played?
It wasn’t up to scratch and now wonder how this can be fixed during the season now?

Do we still have a hybrid pitch with a certain percentage of plastic in place?

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2022, 07:04:23 AM »
Shugs - they let them come back for one reason, money. Directly from rental income and F&B, indirectly from the CBS stadium sponsorship.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2022, 07:05:29 AM »
Didn’t the pitch start tearing up within a few minutes of the 7s being played?
It wasn’t up to scratch and now wonder how this can be fixed during the season now?

Do we still have a hybrid pitch with a certain percentage of plastic in place?

Yes. I made this point at the time. It looked great at the start but a couple of matches (or so) in it was starting to wear. After three days you could see that as players ran small clumps of grass spurting up. I watched on TV (for my sins most of the three days) and with the benefit of close up and overhead camera shots you could watch the deterioration sadly. It has to be said the competition went off superbly and with no pitch complaints but as we all know footballers are a different pampered breed. Undoubtably suffering in the heat and lack of rain but the seeding never stood a chance with such a short period since Rammstein.

Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2022, 09:04:30 AM »
Unless the surface is dangerous to play on then I don't see the problem. It's the same for both teams.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2022, 06:47:39 PM »
About how many rugby players and referees played on the pitch, and was anyone injured at all?

TheTameWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2022, 06:51:28 PM »
I'm afraid this down to Wasps, they have a tenant and a responsibility to provide a decent playing surface.  If I was CCFC i'd be extremely angry especially as promises were made to improve the playing surface.

For those blaming the football club, take off your Wasps specs for one moment and look at it from their point of view, I’m ashamed.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2022, 06:59:03 PM »
I'm afraid this down to Wasps, they have a tenant and a responsibility to provide a decent playing surface.  If I was CCFC i'd be extremely angry especially as promises were made to improve the playing surface.

For those blaming the football club, take off your Wasps specs for one moment and look at it from their point of view, I’m ashamed.

We’re promises made? Not saying they were or weren’t but only have CCFC statement to say it was, I’ve also heard the agreement for for a new surface to go down after this season, so no idea which is the truth.

I don’t get the unsafe comments, yes it’s poor and yes it was inspected by a senior match official but he probably had the CCFC guys in his ear the whole time so no surprise it has been called off. I still feel this has a strong element of point scoring at the moment.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2022, 07:32:14 PM »
Totally agree, especially in your second paragraph  andermt.  Genuine question here  -  is financial compensation involved in any way?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2022, 08:47:06 PM »
Just need to focus on getting it ready for the rugby.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2022, 08:53:56 PM »

+1 if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be fuming.