Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams Up  (Read 4261 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Teams Up
« on: December 07, 2018, 12:00:22 PM »
15 Wille Le Roux
14 Ross Neal
13 Elliot Daly (c)
12 Michael Le Bourgeois
11 Josh Bassett
10 Lima Sopoaga
9 Craig Hampson
1 Ben Harris
2 Tom Cruse
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Will Rowlands
5 Kearnan Myall
6 Brad Shields
7 Thomas Young
8 Nathan Hughes

Replacements
16 Ashley Johnson
17 Zurabi Zhvania
18 Will Stuart
19 Charlie Matthews
20 Nizaam Carr
21 Will Porter
22 Billy Searle
23 Juan de Jongh

Josh Bassett, Tom Cruse and Thomas Young all return to the Wasps starting line-up as the men in Black and Gold prepare for an all-important Heineken Champions Cup clash with Toulouse at Ricoh Arena on Saturday (kick-off 5.30pm).

Bassett returns on the left wing after being rested while Cruse (ribs) and Young (hamstring and calf) recover from knocks which kept them out of action last weekend.

Bassett is joined by Ross Neal and Springbok Wille Le Roux in the back three while skipper Elliot Daly lines up with Michael Le Bourgeois in the centres. Lima Sopoaga and Craig Hampson form the half-back combination.

Cruse is joined in the front row by Ben Harris and Kieran Brookes while Will Rowlands and Kearnan Myall form the second row partnership.

Young, who has made the most turnovers in the competition this season with seven in two games, partners England pair Brad Shields and Nathan Hughes in the back row.

Ashley Johnson (knee) and Will Stuart (neck) recover from injuries to return to the match day 23.

Wasps Director of Rugby Dai Young said: “We’ve been mentioning all week about how hard it is to get into Europe. You work your socks off for ten months in the league to make sure you’re in the competition and you want to experience these big games.

“It’s a great game to take to the Ricoh. The history and tradition that Toulouse obviously bring to the European competition is there for all to see.

“They are a quality team, their offloading game is second to none and they have big physical players who can get over the gainline, and not only that, but keep the ball moving with offloads.

“We’re going to have to be at our best. It’s a knockout game really as if we don’t win this match, we put ourselves under a huge amount of pressure and it will be very hard to progress.”
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Teams Up
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »
This team has cheered me up after a week of seemingly one bad news story after another. I think the replacements look handy too.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »
Interesting to see that Elliot is retained as skipper in spite of rumoured move to Sarries. Also playing in his preferred 13 jersey.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »
Also, I am really looking forward to watching this at the Ricoh tomorrow. Might sample the beer at dhillions Brewery early doors too.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 12:11:33 PM »
Must be great for Rosco and Booj. Last season in the championship. This season starting against European greats, Toulouse.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 12:31:50 PM »
Phewww! I like the look of that team despite our longer term injuries.  Agree shows confidence in Neal and Booj. Hope they shine. Will be travelling up to shout in hope.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 01:04:52 PM »
That's as good a team as I could have hoped for.  Not confident we'll get the win, but as long as we put togther a team performance I'll be pleased.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 01:06:23 PM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »
Team looks pretty good and complete.

A little part of me wonders if Dai was being 'extra' cautious with one or two players last week.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 02:17:50 PM »
I don't think To lose (see what I did there) will fancy coming to Cov in the predicted conditions. Given the news in the press this week I think there will be a siege mentality from the group.. not wishing to let thhe fans down

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 02:26:25 PM »
I don't think To lose (see what I did there) will fancy coming to Cov in the predicted conditions. Given the news in the press this week I think there will be a siege mentality from the group.. not wishing to let thhe fans down

Here's hoping!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 04:38:54 PM »
Campagnaro left out, he did look a bit jaded against Saracens though...also I am guessing needs to understand playing style as Wasps clearly aren't at all similar to Exeter. Good team though and I would suggest they can compete at home.
It was fine when I left it.....

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 05:40:50 PM »
Yes I thought Campagnaro might be the utility substitute as he could cover more positions than De Jong. Saying that if there's a back 3 injury Daly would move out and Juan would take over at 13.

Good looking squad, shame I can't make it but will be glued to BT Sport.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 05:41:38 PM »
I am not sure if Campo is actually registered with us so may be ineligible.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »
I am not sure if Campo is actually registered with us so may be ineligible.

Looking at the Newcastle situation he would be eligible as he didn't play any euro games for exeter but I think you have to register your 41 man squad for euro comps earlier in the season