Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps fans claim they're 'left in dark' and ask club for answers  (Read 13229 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps fans claim they're 'left in dark' and ask club for answers
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2022, 02:35:54 PM »
Also true, but the stories that have come out in the mainstream press haven't been particularly sensational, from what I've seen thus far. If they wanted to go down the clickbait route, they could've done so; instead, they've erred on the side of caution, even as the social media rumour mill has ratcheted up the sensationalism day by day.

that's a good point,

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2022, 02:36:35 PM »
It’s the closed season. We haven’t got a weekend game to look forward to, last weekend’s game to analyse, no team selections to bicker about, no controversial red cards etc etc …. And by we I mean the whole rugby reporting and fan base.

I think there’s an awful lot of devil finding work for idle hands going on.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2022, 02:49:25 PM »
Unfortunately, with the cashflow where it seems to be, we can't even indulge in relentless transfer speculation....

One for another thread, perhaps, but I think the squad is a little light in some areas, plus a certain Mike Brown seems to still be available to add experience to a young back line...

I'll get my coat

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2022, 02:55:49 PM »
I’d snap him up in the blink of an eye if possible.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2022, 03:02:06 PM »
Unfortunately, with the cashflow where it seems to be, we can't even indulge in relentless transfer speculation....

One for another thread, perhaps, but I think the squad is a little light in some areas, plus a certain Mike Brown seems to still be available to add experience to a young back line...

I'll get my coat

You have to wonder - if he's such an attractive proposition, why is he still without a club.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2022, 03:26:17 PM »
The netball super league "signing window" opens today, be interesting to see if there is any Wasps action in or out there.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2022, 03:50:16 PM »

I'll get my coat

You have to wonder - if he's such an attractive proposition, why is he still without a club.
A fair point indeed.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2022, 04:05:34 PM »

wonder if he's still viewed as a bit "difficult"? or maybe he wants wages no one is willing to pay?

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2022, 08:53:38 AM »

wonder if he's still viewed as a bit "difficult"? or maybe he wants wages no one is willing to pay?

Sale looked at him but opted for Woodward instead as he offered more versatility and is a bit younger than Brown.
I think most of us agreed here that if we looked at Woodward, we might as well have kept Miller, not sure if Brown would just block Crossdale too much, would perhaps think differently if we had two young bucks on the wing but our back three options are quite experienced

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2022, 09:03:12 AM »
Woodward was a cracking player a few seasons ago. Unfortunaltely for him (and Gloucester) his body just broke and he was perma-injured.

Very good point that Miller would offer more than Woodward - I agree. Wouldn't be an upgrade, and that's what you have to be looking at every time.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2022, 01:15:11 PM »
Pete Nutall view -

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-rugby-news-24729548
I liked Nuttall as the stadium announcer but quite why his opinion on the broader situation has been sought by the CET I’ve no idea.

Slow news day? They'll be speaking to James Haskell next🤣

First post for a while that’s made me laugh 🤣

Sorry to read in another thread that you've got health issues. Hope whatever they are that you're making progress. Best wishes.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2022, 03:45:17 PM »
Woodward was a cracking player a few seasons ago. Unfortunaltely for him (and Gloucester) his body just broke and he was perma-injured.

Very good point that Miller would offer more than Woodward - I agree. Wouldn't be an upgrade, and that's what you have to be looking at every time.
Miller is as broken as woodward, so not sure he would.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2022, 11:38:31 AM »
Ross  -  ignore the trolls on the other thread (I've left it for the time being)  and save your energy and puff for important things.  Take care of yourself and get better.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2022, 12:00:34 PM »

All we're doing is arguing the technicalities so that we can eventually say "I told you so".

I'm really not bothered about being right or wrong with my views on the pitch, finances, contracts. Ultimately I have no way at all to affect the process so my views are pretty much irrelevant, other than to maybe be "right" when all the facts are known....... Which they probably never will be.

All I want is for Wasps to have a harmonious relationship with everyone that uses the arena, including ccfc.
And personally it would be nice if there was less hatred among some ccfc fans and Wasps fans. Unfortunately that's often human nature so I don't expect it to change
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 01:02:35 PM by wasps »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2022, 12:06:10 PM »
Plus 1