Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Season Members update  (Read 1825 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Season Members update
« on: August 19, 2022, 10:17:56 AM »
You should have quite a comprehensive email in your in box.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Season Members update
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 10:19:24 AM »
I was cherry picking!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 10:35:45 AM »
I was cherry picking!

I know it can be hit and miss fir some people receiving these so thought I would flag it so they could check!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 10:42:13 AM »
Really good email. Some good ticketing initiatives in there as well.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 10:53:29 AM »
Van Veuren specifically mentioned as a signing as well which I dont think had been confirmed previously although he has been around the squadfor a while now.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 11:58:46 AM »
Van Veuren specifically mentioned as a signing as well which I dont think had been confirmed previously although he has been around the squadfor a while now.

That's good news, after last season's hooker crisis!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 02:47:42 PM »

Also mentioned that Nearchou had been promoted to the senior squad when I’m sure the press release was just an academy contract extension.

Also, they spelt Odendaal incorrectly, which isn’t great.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 02:52:44 PM »

Also mentioned that Nearchou had been promoted to the senior squad when I’m sure the press release was just an academy contract extension. Ultimately doesn’t matter for him and selection but should be accurate.

Also, they spelt Odendaal incorrectly, which isn’t great.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 03:45:59 PM »
Whilst I am pleased that the club have finally issued an update, am I alone in being a bit miffed that it's been limited to an e-mail to season members only?

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 03:47:45 PM »
Whilst I am pleased that the club have finally issued an update, am I alone in being a bit miffed that it's been limited to an e-mail to season members only?

Any chance of pasting it on here?

MarleyWasp

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2022, 03:52:28 PM »
I can't... I'm no longer a season member!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2022, 03:53:46 PM »

ah....

Anyone else then?

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2022, 04:05:17 PM »

ah....

Anyone else then?

Will try although it is quite long and split into numerous sections, if not Bobby has summarised much of the general information here.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-discuss-long-term-future-24803460

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2022, 04:27:00 PM »
Thanks Chunky

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2022, 04:34:57 PM »

With the start of the 2022/23 campaign just under a month away, the Club wanted to provide an update to its Season Members on a series of topics, some of which have been the subject of recent stories in the press.

Whilst it simply isn’t feasible for us to comment on all rumours and speculation, nor is this something we would want to do, we do appreciate the importance of updating our supporters as and when possible.

We would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you for your continued support of the Club ahead of the new season. The men’s team are working hard and have had an excellent pre-season thus far, so there is every reason to enter the season with optimism and excitement.

Media Speculation

Contrary to reports, it is very much business as usual. We have a small but dedicated team behind the scenes, all of whom are working hard to get things ready for the return of our fans in September. 

We appreciate it can be frustrating to feel kept in the dark, but we are not in a position to comment on commercially sensitive matters or discussions whilst they are ongoing.

Even though we can’t share specific details around financials, please be assured that the Club are absolutely focussed on the business and plans for its long-term future.

Pitch

On Wednesday, Wasps Group and Coventry City Football Club released a joint statement which provided updates about the pitch at Coventry Building Society Arena following CCFC’s first few home games of the season being postponed or moved.

The full statement can be found HERE

Kit Launch

Of course we’ve got new kits...and we can’t wait to share them with you! 

The home kit will be launched in advance of our first pre-season friendly (against Doncaster Knights; Friday 26 August), with the away kit to follow a few weeks later, as was always the plan!

Keep an eye out as the 2022/23 kits are 🤩🔥

Club Shop

As part of the South Entrance development, a brand new Club Shop will be open ahead of the 2022/23 season.

Keep an eye out for updates and details on a few exclusive events!

Fans Forum / Supporter Panel

We know these are important to keep you feeling connected and well informed, and will be inviting you to a Fan Forum in the coming months.

In addition, we are also launching a Supporter Panel so will be recruiting representatives from a range of supporter groups to help inform future Club decisions.

Fan Zone

As was communicated a number of times last season, it isn’t financially viable or practical to deliver a full-blown indoor Fan Zone for every single game. With the exception of the Christmas Cracker therefore, this will not be held in the Exhibition Hall.

We will, however, continue to provide a Fan Zone for the 2022/23 season. Further information will be available ahead of our opening home game and we are working closely with Delaware North and our Community Team to make this enjoyable for all of our supporters.

Training Ground Visit

This is our first full season in our world-class training facility, the Elite Performance and Innovation Centre in Henley-In-Arden.

We will be running a number of invite only Season Members events here next season, the first of which will be for some of our Young Supporters to watch a training session and have a tour of the facility.

Playing Squad

As a Club we are always looking at recruitment, be that new signings or re-signing existing players.

Men’s Head Coach Lee Blackett was asked during media sessions last season if there were further signings on the horizon. As Lee made clear, the coaching set up was happy with the strength in depth of the squad and would only recruit where it was deemed necessary.

Even though a number of players from last season have departed, we are delighted to welcome some fantastic new signings to the squad for the 2022/23 campaign, namely Vincent Koch, John Ryan, Burger Odenall, Will Hayden-Wood, Kiran McDonald, Rodrigo Martinez and Michael Van Vuuren as well as Olly Hartley and Zac Nearchou who have graduated to the senior squad.

Supporter Communications

In response to supporter feedback, we’ve been busy during the off season looking at ways to improve email communications, which is part of the reason why we’ve been quieter than we would have liked.

Working in conjunction with Sports Alliance, we’ll be implementing new technology platforms to enhance fan engagement, data management, CRM and insight services. This is in addition to the recent announcement of our new ticketing partnership with Ticketmaster Sport.

Wasps Women

LJ Lewis was recently announced as the new Wasps Women Head Coach. A young coach with extensive experience, LJ has been involved in the Wasps Women set up since the 2019/20 campaign.

Recruitment for Wasps Women is in full swing – make sure you are following us on Twitter for the latest updates on player signings.

Wasps Netball

Cat Tuivaiti was confirmed as the new Wasps Netball Head Coach in June and will link up with the squad ahead of the new season, which starts early next year.

Tuivaiti, who has represented both Seven Stars and Strathclyde Sirens in the Superleague, has also agreed terms to join the playing squad for the 2022/23 season.

We will shortly be announcing our confirmed squad, and are looking forward to getting back on court at Coventry Building Society Arena.

Bristol Bears Season Opener

Gallagher Premiership Rugby returns to Coventry Building Society Arena on Saturday 17 September when we take on Bristol Bears, kick off 3pm.

As part of your additional benefits, you can bring a friend for FREE to enjoy this game or any of the first 4 Gallagher Premiership games that are currently on sale.

To redeem, simply call the ticket office on 02476 933 444.

We are really excited about the forthcoming season and everything we have planned, and hope these updates mean you will join us in looking forward to the new season too.

Being a fan isn’t always easy, and recently it’s probably felt fairly difficult for some of you. But...your support doesn’t go unnoticed.

Thank you for being there for us, for Wasps. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Coventry Building Society Arena soon.