Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All!  (Read 2715 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Morning All!
« on: December 08, 2018, 07:48:32 AM »
I haven't opened the curtains yet so I have no idea what the weather is like down here in Hampshire.  But I'm hoping that today will be a good day in one way...

I've got a busy day lined up, Mrs VV is working, and the show that I've been ferrying the kids around for rehearsals of is this afternoon so I don't know if I'll be done in time to watch the game.  But rest asured I'll be following it one way or another.

I didn't think I'd be at all confident about this one, but I have a growing feeling of positivity about this one.  I'm gonna stick to my prediction in this thread and say we'll edge a win.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Daeg

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 08:16:02 AM »
Morning all. Finally a Saturday lie in... no early starts to get the littl’un to orchestra. Bliss. Admittedly gotta go Christmas shopping but with the late kick off I can take my time. The wife is off with the girls for a spa weekend so it’s steak and beer in front of the match. Happy days. Not sure how I feel about this one. I think we can squeak a win, but as long as we don’t get hammered and put in a performance I’ll be satisfied. Naturally I want a win but at the moment maintaining our trajectory in a positive direction feels more important... if that makes sense?

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 08:20:54 AM »
It's our first game at the Ricoh for a couple of seasons. Had to give up our season tickets when we had twins. But today, they're being looked after by the grandparents, and we're gonna start the 3 hour drive to Coventry later this morning.

A big part of me doesn't care how the game goes, I'm just glad to be able to watch some live sport again, however, my wife always reminds me how grumpy I get when we lose..... So we better win.

I like VV's prediction.
It has everything you want and expect from a game. The result hanging in the balance, and as expected, Wasps conceding lots of points, but crucially coming out on the right side.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 08:21:54 AM »
Morning all. Finally a Saturday lie in... no early starts to get the littl’un to orchestra. Bliss. Admittedly gotta go Christmas shopping but with the late kick off I can take my time. The wife is off with the girls for a spa weekend so it’s steak and beer in front of the match. Happy days. Not sure how I feel about this one. I think we can squeak a win, but as long as we don’t get hammered and put in a performance I’ll be satisfied. Naturally I want a win but at the moment maintaining our trajectory in a positive direction feels more important... if that makes sense?

Morning Daeg, and welcome to the forum!  Agree wholeheartedly about maintaining what little momentum we have.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 08:24:02 AM »
It's our first game at the Ricoh for a couple of seasons. Had to give up our season tickets when we had twins. But today, they're being looked after by the grandparents, and we're gonna start the 3 hour drive to Coventry later this morning.

A big part of me doesn't care how the game goes, I'm just glad to be able to watch some live sport again, however, my wife always reminds me how grumpy I get when we lose..... So we better win.

I like VV's prediction.
It has everything you want and expect from a game. The result hanging in the balance, and as expected, Wasps conceding lots of points, but crucially coming out on the right side.

Whereabouts are you based?  In fact don't answer that here, let's have a new thread for it...

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 08:39:59 AM »
Morning all! Sat on a coach on our way to London to visit my dad for the day. Probably not going to get to see the game unfortunately.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 08:52:13 AM »
It is what Pooh would call a blustery day here in South Warwickshire. The sky is blue and I have just spent 2 hours cleaning after our cats (litter trays etc). The little beggars will wait till I have cleaned one of the trays then use it. Then one of them decided to puke up its breakfast, and before I had chance to clean that up, it eat half of that back up, went to another room, and puked again. I am now trying to persuade the biggest male cat (Mario; they are all named after Mario Cart characters) to eat his breakfast, which is laced with his daily medicine (he hates it).

Then I have to sort out Miss NWW's car insurance. It grated me that last year it was a subsidiary of Allianz that was the cheapest for her (£1100 for me and her on the policy - in her name of course, including full RAC cover). They wanted £950 this year, but Hastings, who I use, only want £700 for better coverage. Still has to have the black box though. I logged in to see her 'history' on the Allianz box. Green for EVERY day of the last year.

I shall be coming up to watch the game, but haven't sorted the parking yet. I need to talk with my dad. We usually park near the stadium on a driveway, but that costs me £13 compared to parking near the railway station, where you can park for £5 for the day. Wasps are making the shuttle bus free today, thus saving £4 per person (return fare cost), and that saves me having to drive through the melee that is Coventry Saturday afternoon Xmas shopping traffic.

Those of you in East stand (I am in E20 AA, the end of the row, maybe seat 30 or 31?), send me a PM with your mobile, maybe we can meet and say 'Hi'.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 09:06:07 AM »
Quite nice on the South Coast - the sun is actually shining this morning and it's dry. Well, well, who'd have thought it after yesterday. I've no idea what will happen later today. 5.30pm on a Saturday is a ridiculous time for a kick off. We are in thrall to the great god, television. I won't be able to watch it live - wrong time of day - I'll be in the kitchen cooking. I'll watch later.
Hope we come out with a win - preferably 5 points. But we have to stop Toulouse going away with anything which may be harder.
Good luck boys. Play well.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 09:11:57 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. I didn't envy my lad going off to play rugby this morning, as said it is cold and blustery, the cold seems to go right through you. At least it is dry, hopefully that's the way it will stay.

Agree with the other posts that talk about wanting to see a good performance. If anyone heard Johnny Sexton on the Rugby Union Weekly (sometimes cannot bear it for more than a few mins, but this week's was really good) then he said that was the focus at Leinster, seems to be working for them. In my mind it makes sense to focus on what you have control over.

Well, here's to a great game, may the best team win, but COME ON YOU WASPS!!

'Not so'

WaspieMatt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 09:56:47 AM »
Morning everyone.

Everyone’s focus has been on what’s going on OFF of the field but today none of that matters. It’s about building on the win against Briz and the decent 60 mins we had against Sarries.
With so many of us heading to Toulouse next week it would be great if we’ve still got something to play for.
Toulouse are going to be very strong and difficult to put away but I’ve got a good feeling today and I think we are going to give them a real fight and I reckon we’ll just edge it!

COYW!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 10:45:07 AM »
Morning all

Dog walked car filled with fuel- 1.25 litre for diesel so not bad. Long journey from deepest Essex but always worth it!! As it is Saturday afternoon we need to give ourselves at least three hours to travel and pray nothing wrong on the great British highways. Need to charge up the Ref link load water to drink in the car relax and then get ready for the off.
Not overly hopeful but will be hoarse by the end.
Let me tell you something cucumber