Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Worcester  (Read 25729 times)

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2022, 01:39:20 PM »
Looks like the Director of rugby is calling the owners bs out to me.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2022, 02:16:29 PM »
Looks like the Director of rugby is calling the owners bs out to me.

True.

But, there is no way the new 'owners' will want to stump that money up before everything is done and dusted, and there is no way that is happening quickly. This is a lot of money we are talking about.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2022, 02:58:51 PM »
you do wonder whether the current owners are taking this down to the wire to try & bounce the buyers into a purchase without checking all the cupboards for skeletons?

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2022, 03:46:54 PM »
you do wonder whether the current owners are taking this down to the wire to try & bounce the buyers into a purchase without checking all the cupboards for skeletons?

I have no doubt...if it falls through they will also blame the buyer to try and deflect criticism.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2022, 04:34:38 PM »

I have no doubt...if it falls through they will also blame the buyer to try and deflect criticism.

Except, at this point, no one is believing them, not a word that they say.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2022, 04:38:47 PM »

True, but I wonder if they are self aware enough to realise that?  or care?

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2022, 08:53:54 PM »

True, but I wonder if they are self aware enough to realise that?  or care?

Their problem is that staff, players, coaches and suppliers don't believe them. Some of the fans might. The media will.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2022, 10:36:00 PM »
In this evening's Guardian.

Worcester’s home game against Exeter in doubt over unpaid wages and bills

Owners admit sale of Premiership club yet to be completed
Some staff members yet to receive any of August’s wages

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/sep/14/worcesters-home-game-against-exeter-in-doubt-over-unpaid-wages-and-bills
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2022, 11:12:55 AM »
FWIW: Fissler has tweeted:

"Just been told club medics will pull the plug on Worcester’s game with Exeter on Sunday unless they get the 40 per cent of wages they are owed and that club staff could ramp up pressure on owners by refusing to work."

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2022, 11:15:10 AM »
FWIW: Fissler has tweeted:

"Just been told club medics will pull the plug on Worcester’s game with Exeter on Sunday unless they get the 40 per cent of wages they are owed and that club staff could ramp up pressure on owners by refusing to work."

I think this is exactly what they have to do.  It's pretty clear that the current owners haven't been fully transparent and above board and won't act unless forced into it.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2022, 12:05:21 PM »
Are there any penalties for forfitting the game under these sorts of circumstances under the governing laws of the competition? Obviously Exe will gte the points and the walkover, but are there any repercussions for Worcester as a club like points deductions?

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2022, 12:59:24 PM »
General feeling this lunchtime in regards the Warriors is that the deal to sell the club is very close to being completed.

But understand focus is more on trying to get this weekend’s game on at the moment. Only three days out from Warriors vs Exeter. #COYW #together
From Marcello.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2022, 01:46:22 PM »
Way back in this discussion, I said the Chiefs game would be crunch time, and it still is.

If you were a food reseller, would you be getting stock in for that game? If you were the security sub-contractor, would you be rostering staff, committing to paying them this weekend, especially if you haven't been paid for the last couple of games of last season? And so on.

Throwing good money after bad.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2022, 07:12:08 PM »
So Wi-Fi going down at Sixways and email system has also gone down. What is going to happen next before someone makes a decision?

Staff have now reached breaking point and at this point, I wouldn’t rule out a full blown walkout/protest. #COYW
The phones have also gone down at the Academy.I worked at a place this happened,2 hours later the bailiffs were at the door.
It doesn't look good at all.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2022, 08:02:15 PM »
Now is the time for the Prem to say they won’t punish Worcester if  anyone buys the club from the Administrator.  I know it’s condemning Worcester to administration but this death of a thousand cuts has to be worse.