General Category > Wasps Rugby Discussion

Who are you really?

<< < (27/27)

will311293:
Hi All,

Realise that although posting for a while, I've never really considered posting on this part of the forum, but having been a part of this forum and the other for a fair few years, seem logical to present myself.

My name is Will (obviously by my name and DOB username haha) and I live in and around SW London for the last 5 years since graduating Newcastle Uni in 2016 (Geography), which included by dissertation being written on the Socio-Economic Impact of Wasps moving to Coventry and linking to franchising in the USA.

Currently a Consultant (Project Management/Digital Transformation) in London and am heavily involved in a breadth of sectors incl. Financial Services, Retail, Public Sector, Manufacturing etc. Still a passionate rugby player for Rosslyn Park (IVs) and am very lucky to say i get to regularly play at Rosslyn Park's ground on most weekends and play some significant teams incl. London Welsh 2nds a few weeks ago at Old Deer Park.

I developed my fascination and love of Wasps and all Prem/Intl rugby through playing from 8 but also through getting a signed picture of Will Green when i was about 7 from my Dad and from then on never really looked back, sadly don't get to watch the lads in person but watch every game via whatever source possible and will continue to strive to see as many games as possible.

BarossaD:
Bruce. Early 50s. Accountant/banker. Live in Cov but work London. Been following Wasps since the move up here and go to most home games, sometimes with various teenagers when I can persuade them.

Schoolboy 10 and 15 (god I hated playing FB) - not sure my flanker father (Cirencester) and Grandfather (Torquay) ever forgave me.

Been a bit of a nomad over the years so have spent time watching and supporting variously Plymouth Albion, Moseley and Cov (live near Butts Park so will go when Wasps not at home) plus a rogue season watching Illawarra Steelers (League). Luckily when I was living in North London 20+years ago I had other diversions.

The beard is usually a giveaway - do come and say hi :)

Steve from Cov:

--- Quote from: BarossaD on January 30, 2022, 06:07:37 PM ---Bruce. Early 50s. Accountant/banker. Live in Cov but work London. Been following Wasps since the move up here and go to most home games, sometimes with various teenagers when I can persuade them.

Schoolboy 10 and 15 (god I hated playing FB) - not sure my flanker father (Cirencester) and Grandfather (Torquay) ever forgave me.

Been a bit of a nomad over the years so have spent time watching and supporting variously Plymouth Albion, Moseley and Cov (live near Butts Park so will go when Wasps not at home) plus a rogue season watching Illawarra Steelers (League). Luckily when I was living in North London 20+years ago I had other diversions.

The beard is usually a giveaway - do come and say hi :)

--- End quote ---

Nice to see another Coventry based contributor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version