General Category > Wasps Rugby Discussion

Hard to be disappointed

(1/3) > >>

Vespula Vulgaris:
It's never fun to lose, but I can't say I'm particularly disappointed to be out of the ECC now.

I'll have to watch the game when it is available online as I missed the whole thing.

Any highs or lows I should know about?

Not feeling like DW is gonna be a pleasant place for a while...

Gaz:
Injuries. To Hughes and Cruse, and perhaps Brookes.

If you are of a sensitive disposition regarding people expressing frank opinions of what they saw today, nd feel unable to join the discussion with a contrary view then perhaps DW isn't for you at the moment.

RBB:
Watched it on BT, too much family stuff on to get to the Ricoh for a late one.

We had two periods where Toulouse were down to 14 men and we failed to capitalise fully, the first yielded a try but we didn't make the most of the second yellow. However, relying on yellows to win is worrying. Toulouse were stronger, more creative and much quicker than Wasps, we are turned over to easily and once the opposition got their heads around that they stepped up a gear. Not a disaster to be out of European competition but some more worrying injuries collected in terms of Nathan Hughes and Tom Cruse, let's see what transpires. We weren't that poor but again we weren't ruthless or efficient in either attack or defence. No doubting quality or commitment, technique is letting us down and that needs to be fixed. Creativity is an another issue, a complete lack of incisive vision again...MLB was very good, as was Carr as a replacement for Hughes, good work from YY as always....9 is an issue, I do like Craig Hampson but we need more creativity and speed in this area.

Vespula Vulgaris:
Sounds like last week was a blip and we're back to normal service.

I'm worried about this team, I don't subscribe to the prevailing view elsewhere that Lima is actually the devil and gives babies cancer in his spare time, but I do think we have to give the guy the opportunity to show what he can do with a stable platform.  He has moments of absolute brilliance and you don't start for the ABs at 10 unless you are truly gifted.

Fingers crossed the injuries aren't serious.  We're in big trouble if we lose even more front rows.

NellyWellyWaspy:
Back from the game. Had some Cod 'n Chips. Calmed down a bit.

The only difference between the two sides is we kept coughing the ball up in tackle after tackle. They stripped it off our players countless times. And the missed tackles. All over the place.

The passing down the backs was very poor. Often very slow from Hampson, and all over the place. Poor Lima had no chance. Both WLR and Daly simply threw the ball away rather than face being tackled. Multiple times. It was embarrassing to watch.

Daly spoke a couple of times to Mr Lacey. Listening on RefLink, you could hear the one person who was trying to gee everyone up and was in the ref's face all game, and that was Shields. So much so I think sir thought he WAS our captain.

Stupid mistakes (lack of cohesiveness - not playing as a team), failure to support a breakout runner and wayward passes. Sorry, but Hampson really isn't good enough. On today's showing, I would have no problem seeing WLR, Hughes or Daly going.

Hughes landed badly on his side and probably bruised either his back or ribs. Brookes looked like he had also damaged his ribs on the front. I think Myall and Harris may have been injured too. Cruse certainly was. It sort of looked like a hamstring. Do we have any front row players left? Ashley was certainly off his game today, so I suspect he wasn't really fully fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version