Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Simmo....  (Read 2920 times)

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Simmo....
« on: December 09, 2018, 10:40:00 AM »
Smaller, more reasoned readership here, so posted rather than on DW’s.

Overheard Simmo chatting to a fan outside the stadium yesterday as we were leaving.  The fan said that they hoped he stayed and didn’t want him to leave. He said he was grateful, but that unfortunately the Club don’t feel the same way...

Not overheard, but apparently said elsewhere is that he’s not injured. He’s just being selected.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Simmo....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 10:54:29 AM »
One of the commentators in yesterday's game said that Simmo was recovering from a broken leg!
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 11:10:09 AM »
One of the commentators in yesterday's game said that Simmo was recovering from a broken leg!

That is tosh. Not unless he tripped over a cat or dog. Certainly not when he went off in his last game.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »
I think Bayfield at pitchside referred to it as that.. but "broken" leg is a very broad term.. it might just be a chipped bone, stress fracture as opposed to a compound fracture of the femur.

It transpires that Itoje has been playing with a chipped patella all through the Autumn and Hask has been playing with a chipped bone for the last 12 months in his ankle

As to Simmo's comment of not being wanted, that could simply translate to each side not agreeing the player's worth in terms of contract value. His last contract was probably signed when he was on the top of his game.

I hope Dai and the board have learned their lesson from signing big name stars on 2 yr deals. Its beginning to look like 3yrs should be the standard term to get the best out of a player

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »
I'll be very disappointed if Simmo is fit and we aren't playing him.Off or not he is way better than Hampson or Porter.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 02:24:37 PM »
Dai said Simmo had a joint issue i think. One of those injuries that it's better to rest than risk.

Saying the club don't feel the same way could mean they aren'twilling to pay him as much or play him much in front of Robson.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 02:33:48 PM »
Could it be that the club "don't feel the same way" is that the club don't feel he is ready to start and needs more rest? Could just be as simple as the club looking after his welfare.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 03:08:52 PM »
I've long been a big fan of his, but I did suspect he's being paid more than his performances over the last year warrant.

We may not want to keep him long term, but we should play him until he leaves if he really is fit.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here