Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps facing relegation  (Read 66874 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps facing relegation
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2022, 02:58:56 PM »
Dallaglio in the paper this morning saying he expects us to find a solution.

Deja vu

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2022, 03:12:01 PM »
Dallaglio in the paper this morning saying he expects us to find a solution.

Deja vu
All over again.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2022, 05:06:17 PM »

Is today "1 week down, 1 week to go" ?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2022, 05:11:33 PM »

Should be
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2022, 05:14:35 PM »

Should be
I thought it was 20 days and that made the Saints game potentially the last?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2022, 02:34:44 PM »
Goodey on The Rugby Pod this week spoke briefly about Wasps and seemed to suggest that we hadn't infringed on the payment plan with HMRC, they simply decided to cancel it and call in the £2m effectively issuing a winding up order.

If true, pretty aggressive move from HMRC and wondered what triggered it given it wasn't a missed/late payment?

Secondly, from what Goodey has said - We need to find the £2m at the end of the 10 day period (or 20 days if extended) and that's on top of the Bond Re-financing.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2022, 03:08:00 PM »
Completely uncorroborated but my feeling is they did it to give the perception of even handedness in terms of their dealings with Wuss.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2022, 04:12:48 PM »
Goodey on The Rugby Pod this week spoke briefly about Wasps and seemed to suggest that we hadn't infringed on the payment plan with HMRC, they simply decided to cancel it and call in the £2m effectively issuing a winding up order.

If true, pretty aggressive move from HMRC and wondered what triggered it given it wasn't a missed/late payment?

Secondly, from what Goodey has said - We need to find the £2m at the end of the 10 day period (or 20 days if extended) and that's on top of the Bond Re-financing.

I work in the social housing sector and if we had agreed a repayment plan with a tenant in rent arrears which they were abiding by, but decided to apply to evict them with no other factors forming part of our case (admittedly not usually the case when I get involved), then the outcome would without doubt be a case of us getting a Possession Order because technically the tenant is in arrears but it would be suspended, with no order for costs and an absolute b******ing from the Judge for taking the action when the tenant is abiding by that agreement.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2022, 05:27:22 PM »
Tweet from Bobby, 1635hrs. 30.09/22

It’s my understanding that Wasps players and staff were paid in full and on time today.

That's great news.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2022, 05:47:06 PM »

It’s my understanding that Wasps players and staff were paid in full and on time today.

That's great news.

Very good news indeed!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2022, 06:11:20 PM »

That's great news.

Very good news indeed!

+1
Let me tell you something cucumber

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 03, 2022, 12:43:10 PM »
2 days to go?

Someone suggested it was possible to get an additional 2 week extension. Anyone know if that's true?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 03, 2022, 01:02:35 PM »
2 days to go?

Someone suggested it was possible to get an additional 2 week extension. Anyone know if that's true?

The application lasts for 10 court days. Not sure if Bank Holidays still count as a court 'day', I don't think that they do. But, 10 days equates to 2 weeks therefore, on Wednesday. You can apply once to extend that another 10 days (2 weeks).

I would not be surprised to see that happen and for the deal to be last minute, if it happens at all.

I can just as easily see a buyer take CCFC and the Arena, with Wasps as tenants, under notice to find their own ground, which I think might not be a bad thing. I would much rather have a proper rugby stadium better suited to our needs, and not in Coventry, giving Coventry Rugby Club some room to breath. With our training ground in Henley, a ground located near Warwick Parkway would make a lot more sense. If Worcester do disappear from the PRL, their territory would be up for grabs, and Warwick is in that. Warwick/Leamington/Stratford/Shipston/Southam/Evesham/Worcester is a really big rugby schools area.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 03, 2022, 04:27:52 PM »
2 days to go?

giving Coventry Rugby Club some room to breath.

If you didn’t watch the Cov v Ealing Trailfinders match on Saturday (as I did) you’ll probably not realise how relevant that comment is!

I’m sorry to say that although the Cov boys put in 100% effort throughout, they were totally outclassed again by a slick, tough and well drilled Ealing outfit, who weren’t even going flat out.

Ealing have got a very good side ….. I was astonished when I heard the Butts commentator announce that Jonah Holmes was the scorer of an early try. Not long ago he was scoring tries for fun for Wales. Wow how much are they paying him? A fortune I guess like the others.

Sentimentally, there are a lot of Coventrians who still remember Cov’s golden years and expect them to be in the Premiership but I can’t see that happening unless they find a sugar daddy too.

It’s a pity Cov and Wasps can’t have a closer tie up.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2022, 04:32:07 PM »
I must admit I'm not feeling particularly hopeful about the situation any more.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here