Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps facing relegation  (Read 66865 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps facing relegation
« Reply #195 on: October 04, 2022, 09:04:22 AM »
Heaths I’m not surprised with the depth of your analysis given your professional background! I imagine you are able to arrange a multitude of possible outcomes and then select in order from most likely to least likely as well…..I would be fascinated to hear what you think is most likely for our club!

Mike, we all naturally hit that motorway! The fact you have identified it and swung to the off ramp to the A roads shows emotional intelligence, as you can identify what you are doing and change course. Not everyone does that and is a real positive and skill to have!  :D

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2022, 09:50:29 AM »
Wow, this has gone off on a tangent (an interesting one I should add!)

I am instinctively inclined to conclude that the longer the silence goes on, the closer we are to oblivion. However, rationally, I know that the silence is inevitable and will continue right up to the point that a deal is done, so no news is.... No news. Nothing more, nothing less. Its just us filling in the blanks for ourselves.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 04, 2022, 10:08:20 AM »
Quote Wombles :

An example is a previous patient of mine who had a stroke and now speaks fluent French, yet never learnt it at all throughout her life and did not know a word prior to this event!

Now that is interesting, I often tour France on my bike and every time I wish I could speak French. It seems the older one gets the harder it is to learn a new language.

Any guesses on how the Lady in question suddenly developed this new skill?

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2022, 11:20:38 AM »
Problem is Cody we just do not know. There are lots of reported cases, a english speaking person speaking Welsh post stroke, an American speaking Spanish transiently post a head injury. Some theories suggest it is a form of aphasia due to neurological damage where you cannot speak the language you know. However it does not account for how she speaks a language she never previously learnt. Some people theorise that it incorporates a well known condition called foreign accent syndrome, a well known case is a Norwegian person from world war 2 developing a German accent after a shrapnel injury. However some theorise that as the formation of speech is a precise co-ordination of multiple body parts that any change to this will change accent, tone, pace and inflection which could ‘mimic’ another accent purely by happenstance.

Some say the second language simply sounds fluent to a non speaker of that language but is simply the accent and heavily error ridden when translated. However this does not account for the English speaker who developed Welsh (which his Welsh speaking wife translated accurately). And my previous patient who spoke fluent French as it was formally assessed and proved as such.

There is a condition called Hyperthymesia where you can remember consciously every detail of your entire life, however some areas of psychological dispute this. The ‘we only use 10% of our 100 billion neurones at any time’ has pretty much been disproved now. But if the brain can ‘file and store’ subconsciously every experience, and all it needs is the correct ‘key’ to access it and return it to the conscious - think of a smell reminding you of something long forgotten such as a autumn morning fresh air catapulting you back to your walk to first school decades previously. Or freshly baked bread reminding you of a specific breakfast with your family 50 years ago - then the husband with a Welsh speaking wife may of subconsciously learnt Welsh and the rewiring from the stroke (aphasia) worked as the ‘key’ to access all the Welsh words and language he never knew he could speak. Yet this does not explain my patient who’s family asserted that she never had any French lessons at school, never watched a French dubbed film and never left the UK during her life. As much as we like to state facts and generate theories it is cases such as hers that show how little we really know and how much we have yet to learn.

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2022, 01:56:04 PM »
I saw this on a Wasps Facebook group this morning. I take anything on facebook with a large pinch of salt, but does this mean anything good or bad for those that understand these things?

It’s an image of Wasps Community foundation looking like it was being reopened at Company house:

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2022, 02:04:59 PM »
Doesn't something have to be said tomorrow

MarleyWasp

« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2022, 02:27:46 PM »
Yes - although we may find out here first: https://caseboard.io/cases/ad3fb0e6-21c4-40d8-8f48-4a6ae528cd1e

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2022, 02:52:07 PM »
Being a cynic I always thought that these cases  didn't actually speak the language,  because how could they manage to if they've not learned the grammar etc nor knew the language.  What I can believe is that they spoke with a foreign accent.  And got stuck with it. 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2022, 03:46:57 PM »
Apparently a second notice has been issued for a second two week period. Apparently new investors have come forward with advanced stage negotiations.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2022, 03:58:46 PM »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2022, 04:06:16 PM »
Interesting. They would have had to prove the new investors etc were credible to get the extension granted.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2022, 04:11:26 PM »
Wouldn't there have had to have been credible investors 10 days ago?  If so I wonder where they went as it sounds like these are new?

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2022, 04:26:10 PM »
In the Telegraph, it was the likely outcome. Something must be happening or surely we wouldn't be allowed another 10 days, don't you have to proof it.

Financially stricken Wasps have just 10 days to stave off administration
The club's financial fragility was first highlighted when they applied to appoint administrators last month

Wasps have 10 days to secure vital investment or face entering administration after the club filed a second notice of intention to appoint administrators.

With time running out for the financially stricken Premiership club to secure further investment, a statement from Wasps Holdings Limited on Tuesday confirmed that discussions around potential investors and funders are "now at an advanced stage" but that the step of a second notice was taken to buy time and "allow negotiations on the club's long-term future to continue".

On Sep 21, Wasps sent shockwaves through English rugby as they filed their first notice to appoint an administrator after being threatened by HMRC with a winding-up petition over a £2 million repayment, with the West Midlands club also owing £35m to bondholders after they invested to help purchase the Coventry Building Society Arena seven years ago.

Wasps had 10 days from the first notice being filed to find investment - or risk being sued by creditors - but that 10-day window will now reset from Wednesday after the filing of their second notice.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 04:31:32 PM by Westy68 »

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2022, 04:41:03 PM »
It will be the hope that kills me. If not that, it'll be the heartbreak if this all goes wrong next week.

In my optimistic outlook, it does feel like this will have a positive outcome. Yes, the finances aren't great, but here's what's different to the Worcester situation:

• The relationship between owners/stakeholders and the players and staff appear to be very good
  • Wages were paid on time and in full (I'd imagine if things were as bad as some people make out, this would be one of the first things to have gone wrong)
  • If we are to believe the public statements, there has been interest in the club. Otherwise, we probably would've been in the brown stinky stuff long before now
  • We have been able to fulfil our fixtures (although I'm sure our rest week timing will have helped)

MarleyWasp

« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2022, 05:15:58 PM »
What worries me is that whilst yes, it seems positive that discussions are at an "advanced stage", this is the exact phrase was used to describe negotiations with a lender on 1st September (https://www.wasps.co.uk/media/9567/wasps-rns-010922-final-63.pdf).