Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps facing relegation  (Read 66869 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps facing relegation
« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2022, 10:56:50 AM »
The company facing liquidation today is the one that owns the players contracts.

Is it known if they own the P share as well?

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 05, 2022, 11:33:34 AM »
A measure of the progress of our negotiations could be seen in whether we pick up any Worcester players who are now free agents. In any other circumstances we would be in prime position to sign them. Geography, need, room in the cap. The only thing that would stop us is if we have an uncertain future. If we sign any of them I would take it as a very good sign. Not signing them might be a worrying sign.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 05, 2022, 11:44:02 AM »
from the BBC:

Worcester Warriors players and staff face having their contracts terminated, following part of the club being wound up in the High Court.

HMRC had been pursuing Worcester, who are suspended from all competitions, since August for unpaid taxes.

Judge Nicholas Briggs instructed that WRFC Players Ltd, through which players and staff are paid - is wound up.

A winding-up petition against WRFC Trading Limited - which remains in administration - has been suspended.

All debts at WRFC Players Ltd, which had no representation in court, remain outstanding.

The ground and the club are under WRFC Trading Ltd, which went into administration last Monday.

But much of the land around the ground now belongs to other companies owned by co-owners Jason Whittingham and Colin Goldring.

Begbies Traynor, the administrators appointed to deal with the WRFC Trading Ltd wing of the club, will continue to deal with that part of the process.

But the contracts of all players, backroom staff, administrative staff, and the women's squad, who play under the University of Worcester Warriors banner, are all effectively terminated.

The four players who went out on loan to Bath on Monday are now free agents so can sign for any club.

Some staff are still owed 35% of their August wages, while nobody was paid for September.

It is understood Warriors could now have their suspension from the Premiership and other competitions extended until the end of season and suffer relegation to the Championship.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 05, 2022, 12:18:45 PM »
A measure of the progress of our negotiations could be seen in whether we pick up any Worcester players who are now free agents. In any other circumstances we would be in prime position to sign them. Geography, need, room in the cap. The only thing that would stop us is if we have an uncertain future. If we sign any of them I would take it as a very good sign. Not signing them might be a worrying sign.

Why would any of them sign for a club that might also imminently fold?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 05, 2022, 12:20:03 PM »

Depends in what they can be told.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 05, 2022, 12:22:47 PM »

I think that's the point.  If they do sign it could be a sign that we aren't about to fold.

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 05, 2022, 12:39:43 PM »

I think that's the point.  If they do sign it could be a sign that we aren't about to fold.

Exactly my point. They won’t want to sign for a club on the brink. The club might not be in a position to sign because of imminent admiration. Any signing would point to a secure future.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 05, 2022, 12:52:15 PM »

Or maybe we don't want any of them.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 05, 2022, 12:58:47 PM »

I think Duhan van der Merwe might add something...

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2022, 12:59:19 PM »

Hence the word ‘might’. I think if we sign some it is a very good sign not signing any might not mean anything.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 05, 2022, 01:02:55 PM »

I think Duhan van der Merwe might add something...

Yes please

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2022, 01:13:15 PM »
I think with VDM likely heading to France and Hill, Lawrence and Morozov off to Bath there are not many that I think would improve us. Smith has talent at 10 but is more of what we’ve got. Kvesic maybe but not a big step up. Langdon is a good hooker but we don’t need one. I suspect, for one reason or another none will land at Wasps. Terrible news for them and a perfect storm in terms of the cap being lowered.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 05, 2022, 01:53:16 PM »
Smith has talent at 10 but is more of what we’ve got.

99% sure he's off to Saints, lined up to replace Biggar.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 05, 2022, 01:58:34 PM »
Smith has talent at 10 but is more of what we’ve got.

99% sure he's off to Saints, lined up to replace Biggar.

Yes read that too. Signed a pre-contract

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2022, 02:45:21 PM »
If the contracts are now void for the Worcester players, who are Bath loaning the players from now. Does it stop being a loan, can bath still play them