Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps facing relegation  (Read 66886 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps facing relegation
« Reply #435 on: October 12, 2022, 02:22:02 PM »
Meanwhile, over on SBT, champagne corks are popping. A few have realised this could affect them too.

If the rent etc that they were paying Wasps is not enough to cover the costs to the administrator of opening up the arena, and my guess is it will not, it will stay firmly shut. At least, until all the legal stuff is sorted and at least the arena is sold (which it likely will be fairly quickly).

The Sky Blues fans ought also to realise that their tenancy agreement is now null and void also.

Of course, the notice says 'intends', as that is the formality of the Court system, where the Court has the actual say so. But they always agree.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 12, 2022, 02:24:59 PM »
Actual facts from the statement:

#1: Game against Exeter is off
#2: Insufficient cashflow to proceed as it stands
#3: Bridging loans were investigated, but not viable (as yet - still trying)
#4: Not in administration yet, although it is "likely" (*probably* inevitable now, mind).

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 12, 2022, 02:28:38 PM »
#4: Not in administration yet, although it is "likely" (*probably* inevitable now, mind).

All the Court paperwork will have been ready and by now will be with the Court for the afternoon hearings. I would be surprised if it isn't done already, or will be very soon.

BrackenandMacken

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 12, 2022, 02:28:56 PM »
Well that's that, the removal (or understood removal) of the P Shares was always going to be the decisive blow.

Why would anyone buy the club? No ground, no rights to premier rugby, literally nothing apart from a tarnished brand.

It's heartbreaking, some of the best days of my life have been following this wonderful rugby club. It's produced so many memories and so many great players as well as done incredible work in the community and on a charitable front this is a real shame.

I would say I hope Premier Rugby and the RFU learn from this but they won't. Fingers crossed it all breaks down, Craig and Wray can play against each others team of mercenaries every week infront of no one in Barnet.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 12, 2022, 02:31:59 PM »
Obvoiusly I'm gutted from a personal sense but thoughts go out to the players, coaches, medical team and all other support staff who have no idea where their next pay check is coming from.
+1 

I'm still probably in denial still, for another half hour,  somewhat like when I saw the scan for my hip joint. But it doesn't change anything, we're in the doo-doo's and unlike an injury,  there's nothing that I can do. Feels like bereavement does.  You might have seen the loss coming but that doesn't help.

English Rugby needs to recognise that this "illness" can and may spread, and action is needed before another couple of clubs follow on.

Pompeyman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 12, 2022, 02:44:29 PM »
Just seen the tweet and I have to say I am devastated. I didn't think our last game would be on Saturday but it is looking increasingly like it. My whole family are supporters, I have so many happy memories of taking my 3 boys to games, Twickenham wins ( and losses), away visits to Irish, Bath etc- cannot comprehed it may all be over.
However despite how I feel I cannot imagine how the players, coaches and staff accross all the Wasps teams feel - sports careers are short and can be cruel with injuries but this is beyond all that and my heart and best wishes goes out to all of them. Let's just hope we can get through the mess with a club intact, let's hope for their sakes, if not our own.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 12, 2022, 02:45:56 PM »
Struggling to put a cogent thought together at the moment. This is very much like a bereavement.

Now ourselves and Worcester have fallen, my suspicion is that others may well follow, and then where does that leave the league?

A dark day.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 12, 2022, 02:59:08 PM »
Very sad news. Yes, it’s like a bereavement.

With all the youngsters reaching maturity I really thought we were close to competing at the highest level.

Feel very sorry for all the staff and players.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 12, 2022, 03:07:46 PM »
To be honest it’s going to be a total nightmare watching teams pick up the likes of The Willis’s, West, Launchbury, Shields, Atkinson etc etc etc. Especially as some of the acquiring teams are less than compliant with rules. We’re now in the hands of the other teams who I fancy will shaft us by relegating us and removing our P share. CCFC fans are the least of our worries. They will realise soon enough that in terms of playing in Cov they are shafted as well. Sad day.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 12, 2022, 03:12:07 PM »
Not sure that many Premiership clubs will have budget and/or space within the salary cap to sign Wasps players.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 12, 2022, 03:12:44 PM »
At least one of the takeovers required the business to go in to administration, Looks like we’re going to find out how serious they were. 

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 12, 2022, 03:22:28 PM »
Not sure that many Premiership clubs will have budget and/or space within the salary cap to sign Wasps players.
Some won’t worry about that.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 12, 2022, 03:22:53 PM »
oh

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 12, 2022, 03:25:28 PM »
Heartbroken, all we can do now is see what Wasps we get at the end of all of this.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 12, 2022, 03:37:58 PM »
I've just messaged my wife saying that I feel like a friend has died, I'm glad there's others feel the same and that I'm not being melodramatic. No, I'm not glad, but you know what I mean!