Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps facing relegation  (Read 66850 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps facing relegation
« Reply #495 on: October 12, 2022, 08:32:42 PM »
website still up

It went down soon after they made their statement. A while later it came back up.

Thanks for the Pre Pack explanation. Really clear. Very helpful to avoid having to read the "papers"

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 12, 2022, 09:03:57 PM »
Just heard on the Beeb that other clubs may be in a similar position.

What would happen if, say, half a dozen clubs all went into administration? Would the Prem shrink? Would there be a mass promotion from the Championship? Would the relegation rule become unworkable if so many clubs went into administration. Would they have to tear it up, let the clubs find an acceptable equilibrium and let everyone start again?

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 12, 2022, 09:04:48 PM »
8:15 is the Phil Upton Show. At 8 they have a longish news slot, followed by weather. At around 8:15 they have a slot called Good Morning, Bad Morning. This morning the first story was Mike Ashley and Sports Direct possibly opening up that new place. It quickly descends in to Trivia usually, for example, Deliveroo offering finance for food purchases.

Thanks!

But, and this is important, we are as mushrooms in this. What could have happened already? Just supposition ...

Wasps approached an Insolvency Practitioner (IP) who agreed to act should the decision be made, and Wasps asked that IP to talk with the creditors in advance, to get a creditor's committee together (typically representing more than 50% of creditors by total debt). Usually, HMRC are in there. Many creditors give their proxy to the IP.

So that, by the time the Court approves the administration, a so-called pre-pack is in place.

That’s almost like an episode from ‘hustle’ .
I've been saying for a while that pre-pack looks the most likely option if Wasps are to survive and that's an excellent explanation form NWW on the way it works in practice.

There's nothing illegal or even immoral about it (IMHO but I'm sure that some will disagree). Its a sign that absent the major debts the underlying business is solvent.

More importantly, whoever buys it has convinced the creditors that with some restructuring of the debts and their business plan they are capable of paying the creditors more than they would get if the business was liquidated and sold piecemeal or in a fire sale.

The reason it goes in to administration is to take control away from existing shareholders, usually because the management would prefer the creditors took their proposed restructuring. In this case the management and shareholders are largely one and the same, but think big listed companies.

This is the bit some people think immoral because the shareholders have now lost their business and unless there's something in the pre-pack get nothing. The thing is, if the business was liquated they are at the very bottom of the pecking order and will
in all likelihood get nothing anyway. Its brutal, but that's what being a shareholder means, you get the profits even when they are windfall profits. They are the ones that allowed the situation to arise as well, but its hard not feel sorry for them in this situation.

The very big plus side is that most of the employees get to keep their jobs and usually small creditors eg local suppliers get paid off as well, but that's not a given.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 12, 2022, 09:35:42 PM »
Worcester Warriors to appeal Premiership suspension and relegation under 'no fault insolvency'

From the Beeb.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63234851

I would assume we will be doing the same.
Slightly misleading. The administrator has something to sell and it’s worth more if they can play in the Premiership.

Although how you’d put a business plan and new squad together in time to start next season is hard to see. Maybe Trailfinders should buy them? It would save the hassle of convincing PRL to let them in?

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 12, 2022, 10:29:32 PM »
Cryptic tweet by Paolo Odogwu, don't know enough to make a comment but interesting nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/notoriousPCO/status/1580298138887127040?t=hYhweGbuwd6MlUbfwaLqIw&s=19

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 12, 2022, 10:33:45 PM »
Appears to be a mouse?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 12, 2022, 10:36:58 PM »
Appears to be a mouse?

And they are notoriously quiet

As in, 'I'm not saying a thing.'

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 12, 2022, 10:38:37 PM »
Appears to be a mouse?

And they are notoriously quiet

Yes, that's probably a better guess at what it means than my initial thought of a rat!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 12, 2022, 10:41:30 PM »
It says to me :  Keep this quiet but I'm moving on.  I hope I'm totally wrong;

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 12, 2022, 10:42:04 PM »
I looked the emoji up:

A person being unusually quiet can also be represented through 🐁 for being discreet.

Egret

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 12, 2022, 11:23:40 PM »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2022, 11:29:53 PM »
Famous Grouse Try of the week. The clue is in the name😉
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 13, 2022, 12:34:42 AM »
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjK9-DOqNv6AhXUiVwKHd4kD34Q_1N6BAgHEAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fpremrugby%2Fstatus%2F1580234447726989312%3Fref_src%3Dtwsrc%255Egoogle%257Ctwcamp%255Eserp%257Ctwgr%255Etweet&usg=AOvVaw2qk6QCr3SLJgqPaWhy9aKZ

And in all of this Atkinson gets try of week

Good on him. He gets a prize too, yes? A bottle or so of the amber liquid?

A bottle or so of the amber - What?!?

Fosters??!!??!!

I know that Heineken have taken their beer back but surely the poor lad deserves better ....

Saw how that story got moved on from beer  taken back Tuesday to not available on Sunday. Was there on Sunday along with all the other brands that it supplies ( certainly in clubhouse- but maybe they had been refused entry for not having correct pass)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 13, 2022, 05:40:50 AM »
I looked the emoji up:

A person being unusually quiet can also be represented through 🐁 for being discreet.
The players have had a few briefings and very little if anything has leaked. A sign that they trust the (old) management?

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 13, 2022, 08:15:29 AM »
Seeing very much uncorroborated social media posts urging Wasps fans to tune in to CWR tomorrow at 8.15 for “better news”. Can hardly be any worse.
Been listening for 10 minutes and no hint of anything Wasps. Its too banal to keep listening.