Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bath look to loan Worcester players  (Read 1581 times)

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Bath look to loan Worcester players
« on: October 02, 2022, 03:06:39 PM »
Rugby paper saying that Bath are looking to take on loan Ted Hill, Ollie Lawrence and Rory Sutherland. No idea if it’s true or not but would be nice additions to a struggling team.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bath look to loan Worcester players
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 04:09:30 PM »
Bath have some well paid players - this would surely stretch their cap.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 06:33:25 PM »
Surely they need to get a good day's work out of the current players before they spaff some more money away?

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 09:54:20 AM »
Hill and Lawrence in particular are great additions.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 10:21:43 AM »
Does this start to make things complicated? I’m all for those involved at Wuss gaining employment but how does this loan work? Does it give Bath an unfair advantage? What if Wuss are reinstated? It’s one hell of a mess. Some teams have taken points from Wuss - do they keep them?

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 10:29:35 AM »
It's a loan, that I assume can be recalled as and when Worcester recover. And if they don't new terms can be reviewed. The question is whether Bath are paying their wages and how that works with the cap - because Worcester probably aren't.

On the question as to what happens next, I assume all teams get given a walkover score and points from this point forward.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 10:34:04 AM »
I think PRL are doing the sensible thing  - waiting.
If Worcester fail to reappear then I suspect those matches already played will be nullified.  The fact that the game against the Donkeys hasn't had points given suggests this way of thinking.
If they reappear the question of the penalty then arises. Also does it apply this season or next.
If it drags on I can see some players moving permanently especially those with international hopes with the WC approaching.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 10:40:17 AM »

I wonder if the other 2 are working visa related

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2022, 10:44:10 AM »

I wonder if the other 2 are working visa related

Ah yes, that's quite likely. I think in two weeks the contracts are null and void anyway, so that will mean the playing base evaporates and the club can't be resurrected or continue. But Worcester aren't currently bottom, and Newcastle wouldn't have that result scrubbed I don't think.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2022, 10:51:16 AM »

Agreed - they are the two that I'd have whoever I was supporting. Ollie has all the tools and needs perhaps, a more sympathetic management.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2022, 11:02:06 AM »
Does this start to make things complicated? I’m all for those involved at Wuss gaining employment but how does this loan work? Does it give Bath an unfair advantage? What if Wuss are reinstated? It’s one hell of a mess. Some teams have taken points from Wuss - do they keep them?

If Bath have gained these players then they must have room under the cap to incorporate their wages. If not it makes a mockery of the cap and gives them an unfair advantage.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2022, 11:08:39 AM »

If Bath have gained these players then they must have room under the cap to incorporate their wages. If not it makes a mockery of the cap and gives them an unfair advantage.

PRL need to be open about the arrangement.
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2022, 11:21:12 AM »
It's looking increasingly inevitable that Worcester will play no further part in this season, however much we'd love to see them back.

Surely better to scratch the 3 games they have played than to arbitrarily award points for the 21 that are yet to be played.

Irish and Exeter lose 5 points that the rest of the league haven't yet had the opportunity to gain. Newcastle no points to lose from their game.  It's not exactly going to turn the table on its head, is it?  Just 3 teams will effectively have had an extra early season friendly.

The complication then arises that the rest of the season will have 2 clubs not playing each weekend (except what would have been Worcester's own off weeks), and too late in the season surely to rewrite the schedule.  Meanwhile (selfishly, but hey, we do have serious money problems of our own!) Wasps miss out on their most lucrative game of the year.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2022, 12:12:14 PM »
Too late to arrange a BaaBaas game or something?