Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Lawrence Comments  (Read 1916 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 05:51:51 PM »
Must have been a difficult few weeks for him. Knowing some but probably not whole story, being badgered by his fellow presenters for info, trying to keep diplomatic but having his embedded passion for Wasps and the likely demise of it  creeping through.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 06:01:47 PM »
True but I do wish he had shut up. He probably caused more vitriol in our direction than anyone else
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 06:17:45 PM »
True but I do wish he had shut up. He probably caused more vitriol in our direction than anyone else

Agree . Hope his mother told him he’s not the messiah

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 06:26:15 PM »
He is probably hurting a great deal more than even us.  Today has not been the best of days, getting over the shock a bit but with the reality sinking in.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 06:29:24 PM »
I know it was said in jest  but his mum can't say anything as she died several  years ago.  He has set up a Cancer Charity in her name.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 06:32:09 PM »
I absolutely disagree that he did anything wrong.

Firstly why shouldn't a man who spent 2 decades with Wasps care deeply about the club?

And why was it OK for the EAs to blatantly cheat and then be given special dispensation, even be praised for helping rugby? If they can get special treatment why can't a club that has won more, and done more over the years also be given special treatment?

And even if they can't why is it bad to say you think they should?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2022, 06:34:47 PM »
+1

If obvious cheats can be relegated, not open their books and keep their P share and be praised for their contributions then why not be a bit pissed with matters as they stand with Wasps and PRL?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2022, 07:00:10 PM »
I don’t think he did anything wrong and I love his passion for the club. Healey, Kay, etc etc are just as biased.
My main query/concern is that as a Director why was he so poorly informed on the state of play?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2022, 07:06:18 PM »

And why was it OK for the EAs to blatantly cheat and then be given special dispensation, even be praised for helping rugby? If they can get special treatment why can't a club that has won more, and done more over the years also be given special treatment?

I'll bite. What special treatment were they provided that we aren't? We're potentially getting our players loaned out immediately, just like Saracens.

Also Saracens didn't struggle to pay their players, quite the opposite. Where as we will struggle to pay ours soon.

I hate Sarries, but it's delusional to act like they were treated better (in a completely different situation to ours) than us. What do we want the Prem to do? Pay off our debts?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2022, 07:17:22 PM »

I'll bite. What special treatment were they provided that we aren't? We're potentially getting our players loaned out immediately, just like Saracens.

Also Saracens didn't struggle to pay their players, quite the opposite. Where as we will struggle to pay ours soon.

I hate Sarries, but it's delusional to act like they were treated better (in a completely different situation to ours) than us. What do we want the Prem to do? Pay off our debts?

P Share.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2022, 07:36:22 PM »
Exactly. Why were PRL not falling over themselves to strip them of their P share. When you boil it all down, they were found to have cheated on a large scale for an extended period of time. But they were still allowed to receive their share of TV money etc etc by dint of keeping their P share. They then didn’t have to spend the thick end of £10m to get it back. I just find it repulsive that the likes of PRL are now saying things like “we will remain strong” etc in enforcing the rules when the whole of rugby knew what was happening there yet they let it happen. Clear double standards.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2022, 07:39:57 PM »

I think it’s more to do with Saracens being able to keep their shares after being found guilty of ( imo) a bigger fault than maybe us and Worcester. At least we were trying to keep within rules as laid down by PRL .Both cases have brought PRL into disrepute. I know rules have been drawn up , probably differentiating the type of punishment, but to say the shares have no capital value is absolutely shite.  If they are to be taken back by PRL both clubs should receive payment . It’s a wonder Worcester owners didn’t approach CVC to buy their percentage.

Sobering thought,looked at super rugby league in England, their salary cap is £2.1 million. I know they have smaller squads, but no wonder more seem to come to us than the other way.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2022, 07:58:26 PM »

I think it’s more to do with Saracens being able to keep their shares after being found guilty of ( imo) a bigger fault than maybe us and Worcester. At least we were trying to keep within rules as laid down by PRL .Both cases have brought PRL into disrepute. I know rules have been drawn up , probably differentiating the type of punishment, but to say the shares have no capital value is absolutely shite.  If they are to be taken back by PRL both clubs should receive payment . It’s a wonder Worcester owners didn’t approach CVC to buy their percentage.

See we need clarity on if we will keep our shares or not, or what the hell prem decide to do with shares as part of their restructuring of the league.

My perception is there are 13 teams with PRL shares. There was always 1 relegated who kept their shares, Saracens got relegated and kept their shares. I don't have any problems with this.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2022, 08:15:50 PM »

Aren't we potentially going to lose ours (and worcester theirs) because of going into administration, rather than because we're being relegated?