Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All (Not So)  (Read 1188 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All (Not So)
« on: October 17, 2022, 07:41:18 AM »
Not a morning we ever thought or hoped for - the probable killing of our club.

Thoughts are with the players, coaches, staff and admin workers. I hope many can get positions somewhere and, I am sure, they go with our very best wishes.

Only question now is when do we actually know its gone.

No more Morning Alls from any of us.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All (Not So)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 07:51:36 AM »
What does today's timeline look like?

Does anyone know?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »
Not sure of the timings but I think the overall timetable is:
1) We go into administration
2) We wait and see what comes next.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 08:40:20 AM »
As I see it this is different to Worcester because we are being placed in administration by the Board, its not a winding up order.

So possibilities are:

1. A pre pack agreement is approved by the judge and we resume as a club. The chances of that are fairly close to zero by the look of it.

2. The administrator says they think they can get a deal and needs approval to continue. Creditors need to approve this plan. Again looks slim.

3. Administrator say there's no realistic chance of putting together a deal to sell the club that satisfies the creditors and that he intends to liquidate the assets. Good night Wasps.

In America they have what they refer to as Chapter 11 (of the bankruptcy code) and the judge can allow the existing management to carry on, protected from creditors, if they can convince her that they have a plan which will pay back creditors more than they'd get from liquidation. I don't think that would fly even if we had that provision.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 09:18:51 AM »
There's a players and staff meeting this AM (Not sure what time - think Bobby reported they had been called in) so perhaps more info to be drip-fed from that.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 09:23:23 AM »
I went from being quite hopeful a few weeks ago, but that's well and truly gone.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 12:00:04 PM »
I'm just hoping that in whatever guise, we continue to play on.  Ideally with as much of our supremely talented, largely young squad intact.  The latter is a huge longshot, more than the likelihood of survival itself.

I can accept a year in the Championship if our new owners can too.  In fact, long weekends in Jersey and Penzance could be fun for a change of scenery and Ealing, Richmond, London Scottish all in close proximity.  Ampthill, Bedford and Coventry all similar distances for us.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 12:07:52 PM »
I managed to get my morning walk in OK, but I really haven't got the motivation to do my weights and X-trainer session, so I've just eaten a pile of chockie biscuits I brought back from Germany.

I think I'll go out for a walk in the sunshine, the forecast is for more gloom later.

Robson9

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 12:27:41 PM »
I'm just hoping that in whatever guise, we continue to play on.  Ideally with as much of our supremely talented, largely young squad intact.  The latter is a huge longshot, more than the likelihood of survival itself.

I can accept a year in the Championship if our new owners can too.  In fact, long weekends in Jersey and Penzance could be fun for a change of scenery and Ealing, Richmond, London Scottish all in close proximity.  Ampthill, Bedford and Coventry all similar distances for us.

Makes it quite awkward for those of us in London who became regulars at Championship clubs post the Coventry move, as 'cant support a team that would play Wasps!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 12:36:53 PM by Robson9 »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2022, 12:35:22 PM »
BiND . . . so glad someone else is mis-behaving. I've just eaten a small box of chocolates.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022, 02:04:47 PM »
 WW,

Just been :) a good boy and had mostly fruit for lunch  ;)

We should be seeing press releases very shortly of the announced meetings have started.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2022, 02:06:51 PM »
Liquorice for me and nearly run out.
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 02:14:54 PM »
Just blown the better part of 20 quid on chocolate biscuits for the office.  Think at least a tenner's worth has my name on it!