Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BB Breaking - Announcements  (Read 13520 times)

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BB Breaking - Announcements
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2022, 03:56:31 PM »
Staff and players all made redundant, we will now have the joy of seeing our players signing for different clubs over the coming days and weeks. I'm so gutted and starting to get very angry, really upset how poor this has been. My cats better stay away from me tonight

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2022, 04:04:59 PM »
The Championship  I could live with . . . . but could the team, presuming that we have any team left.  And who'd pay them?  Oh dear!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2022, 04:05:50 PM »
Andrew Sheridan, Joint Administrator, said: “This is a dark day for English rugby, and we know this will be devastating news for every Wasps player and member of staff, past players, sponsors, and their thousands of supporters throughout the world, and anyone who has ever been involved with this great club.

“Our immediate focus is on supporting those who have lost their jobs this morning. This will be an incredibly challenging time for every individual, and we will be assisting them in making claims to the redundancy payments service.

“The board and many others across the club have worked tirelessly over the last few weeks to try and find a solution that would allow the club to move forward, and it is with great regret that there has been insufficient time to allow this to happen. However, we remain in ongoing discussions with interested parties and are confident that a deal will be secured that will allow Wasps to continue.

The administrator seems to have a far greater awareness of the damage done to English rugby than the RFU & PRL.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2022, 04:09:53 PM »
Tweeted by Wasps Rugby:

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2022, 04:12:17 PM »
The administrator seems to have a far greater awareness of the damage done to English rugby than the RFU & PRL.

Maybe it is that Andrew Sheridan! :)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2022, 04:32:05 PM »
Tweet from Bobby:

The Elite Performance and Innovation Centre, where Wasps players train, is going to be kept open with insurance paid for players to keep fit and ticking over during this awful time for them
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2022, 04:34:13 PM »
Tweet from Bobby:

The Elite Performance and Innovation Centre, where Wasps players train, is going to be kept open with insurance paid for players to keep fit and ticking over during this awful time for them

Good
Let me tell you something cucumber

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2022, 04:34:56 PM »
So that's it. No Championship rebuild. No fight back. No last hurrah, no last chance to cheer on the boys.

I went to that last game at AP, when we were staring relegation and winding up in the face. At least we had a chance to fight.

30 years. Happy memories with my family. Screaming at tvs near and far watching games I couldn't go to in person. And this is it. Feckin hell.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2022, 04:54:39 PM »
Yep, that’s it. Just got to hope those redundant find work. Will be a cakewalk for some. More difficult for others. As far as the club goes there is nothing left to buy/rescue/work with. That really is that.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2022, 05:27:44 PM »

Maybe it is that Andrew Sheridan! :)

Sadly not. He is off in France sipping wine.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2022, 06:04:09 PM »
Q&A with Steve Vaughan, straight after the Team Meeting:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-exclusive-were-sad-were-25286268

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2022, 06:14:25 PM »
The thoughts of Vaughan re the Championship ought not to give even a glimmer of hope - but I suppose we'll see.

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2022, 10:32:26 PM »
This is truly a tragic day. I may be way off the mark, but I feel like something’s in the pipeline regarding the rugby side of things that the playing staff may be in the know about; it’s just a few comments by different people like Vaughan, Blackett etc about going away and thinking things over for a couple of days.

It makes sense for the administrators to do their bit, especially with the stadium now a separate entity along with the bond. I don’t know who would buy just a team, what the incentive might be without revenue streams or how it works, but it looks like there’s now a one off opportunity to create a side to play in the Championship next year that is debt free.

Or maybe I’m clutching at straws due to legalities I don’t understand.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2022, 10:48:11 PM »
I hope to God you're right.

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2022, 08:06:10 AM »
If anything does come out of this we'll have to do it ourselves. The rugny world seems to be happy to just stand to be one side, shake their heads and make meaningless noises.

I don't understand the concept of a "no fault" insolvency as it is applied here. Was covid our fault? Maybe Wuhan and Wycombe were twinned. If covid doesn't meet the "no fault" criteria what the hell will? World War III?

Whatever shape of rugby team comes out of this I hope it comes back to London. Maybe a ground share with Barnet at the Hive? Bees and Wasps together?