Always a Wasp

Author Topic: A bit of perspective  (Read 843 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
A bit of perspective
« on: October 17, 2022, 02:16:35 PM »
We're all quite rightly saddened for the club, players and staff and for the loss of Wasps in our lives. I've just had it all put in perspective.

I went out for a walk a couple of hours ago and bumped in to one of my neighbours out for a slow stroll.

A month a ago she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. They told her it looked operable from the scans but when they opened her up it had spread too far. She started chemo therapy last week and was out trying to get some sunshine but struggling with catheter.

Their son died about 10 years ago from colon cancer, he was in his mid 20s and left a wife and daughter.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of perspective
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 05:41:02 PM »
I mean I was listening to Rob Delaney on the Today programme this morning talking about the death of his infant son from cancer, which does put this all into perspective.

But perspective is relative isn't it? And if you feel utter shit like I do about this all, that's ok too.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of perspective
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 06:11:03 PM »
I'm taking a moment to focus on some of the good times in the last 8 years that we wouldn't have had otherwise.

That season with cipriani, gopperth and Beale was pretty special

George Smith was such a great addition for us and seeing Thomas Young grow from his influence was great

There's so many other special moments and players that have contributed to the last 8 years and while I'm devastated that I won't see any more, I'm incredibly happy to have witnessed the moments that I did