Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Josh joining Quins  (Read 820 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Josh joining Quins
« on: October 20, 2022, 10:12:11 AM »

Wasps' Josh Bassett to join Harlequins

Exclusive: Winger becomes the first Wasps player to find another club, as injury cover for full-back Tyrone Green
By Ben Coles, Rugby Reporter 20 October 2022 • 9:21am

Josh Bassett has become the first Wasps players to find a new club, with the experienced Gallagher Premiership winger joining Harlequins.

Bassett has been a consistent try-scorer in the Premiership for Wasps since making his debut in 2013 after joining from Bedford Blues, with 47 tries in 139 league appearances.

On Wednesday evening, he paid tribute to the club.

Telegraph Sport understand that Harlequins have moved for Bassett after full-back Tyrone Green suffered a knee injury in Sunday's defeat to Leicester Tigers. An announcement of the transfer is expected as early as Thursday.

Bassett, while not a direct placement for Green at full-back, would bolster Harlequins' back-three options and add even more attacking threat to one of the Premiership's top try-scoring sides.

The winger already has two tries in four Premiership matches this season, scoring twice in Wasps' win over Bath last month.

Wasps' players were made redundant on Monday after the club were placed into administration, with the club currently suspended from the Premiership by the Rugby Football Union and facing the prospect of relegation.

Telegraph Sport reported on Tuesday that the leading bid to acquire the club, from a consortium led by the club's former chief executive David Armstrong, has collapsed.

England internationals Joe Launchbury, Jack Willis and Alfie Barbeary have been linked with a number of clubs, with young fly-half Charlie Atkinson also a possible signing for Leicester Tigers as revealed by Telegraph Sport on Tuesday.

England under-20s No 8 Greg Fisilau, who has featured for Wasps this season in the Premiership Rugby Cup, could also end up moving to Saracens.
Let me tell you something cucumber

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Josh joining Quins
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 10:15:50 AM »
Good news for Josh, can see him scoring tries for fun with Quinns attack!

Not sure how I will feel when I see the first Wasps player in the "wrong" shirt....... :(

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 10:40:42 AM »
Good news for Josh, can see him scoring tries for fun with Quinns attack!

Not sure how I will feel when I see the first Wasps player in the "wrong" shirt....... :(

Don't watch then!!!  ;D ;)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 10:42:05 AM »
Good news for Josh - always thought he was under valued outside Wasps and I will watch and look forwards to him getting some ball outside their midfield.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 10:55:18 AM »
Nice one Josh (and Biyi)

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 12:36:43 PM »
Good luck to Josh, Biyi and all of them.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 12:57:53 PM »
Plus 1.  (Breaks your heart tho')