Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs  (Read 142999 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs
« Reply #465 on: January 25, 2023, 07:57:38 PM »
Tigers seem to be picking up a lot of Ex-Wasps players

And 3 from Worcester announced in Hatherall, Shilcock and Theobald-Thomas. Presumably a buyers market at the moment.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 25, 2023, 08:57:19 PM »
They?ve had Oghre in AND out. Atkinson, Bassett, West so far I think. It?s painful watching them sign for others once, never mind twice!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 27, 2023, 10:03:14 AM »
Cardall confirmed to Melbourne Rebels

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 27, 2023, 01:00:48 PM »
Greg Fisilau gets a start at 8 for Exeter v Gloucester tomorrow.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 27, 2023, 01:06:47 PM »
Tom West on the bench for Tigers.
Ryan Mills starts for Sale

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 27, 2023, 02:36:10 PM »
Not sure if its been mentioned here yet, Elliot Millar-Mills announced by Chinnor.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 30, 2023, 07:29:51 PM »

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 31, 2023, 08:49:02 AM »
Callum Sirker leaving Cornish Pirates to pursue a legal career (with some rugby on the side) in Sydney, Aus:

https://t.co/e9ydCAfHrn

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 31, 2023, 12:52:51 PM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 31, 2023, 01:04:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/SectionPaloise/status/1620388074361339907

Dan Robson extension ast Pau confirmed

Excellent news for Dan. Until 2025 so they like him!
Let me tell you something cucumber

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 01, 2023, 03:01:16 PM »
Count 3 ex Wasps academy guys in the England u20s.
McArthur
Fisiau
Ma'Asi White

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 02, 2023, 08:19:19 AM »
I'll put this here as I don't think it really warrants a new thread, but good piece from Nemo about Wasps folding and his move to Pretoria:

https://bullsrugby.co.za/i-lost-my-job-as-a-pro-rugby-player-i-was-in-a-dark-space/

"A few months ago I lost my job.

The club I was playing for, Wasps in England, went bankrupt and I was made redundant.

Like so many South Africans who have been through the same, I was devastated. I didn?t know where to turn or what to do next.

Just like that, overnight, I went from living my dream to a nightmare.

Anybody who has ever lost their job knows the feeling, and I wouldn?t wish it upon any other rugby player to ever have to go through that. It was the lowest point of my career and the first time something like this had happened to me and my family.

You wake up in the morning with this dark cloud hanging over you, and this frustration. I was calling agents trying to figure out what is going on and what my next move could be.

The problem was that it happened at the start of the season and all the other English Premiership clubs had already spent their budgets on players. So suddenly you?re facing a situation where it feels like all the doors are closed. It?s the beginning of the season and you are ready to go and give your best, and then there?s just no opportunity.

As the main breadwinner in the family, you immediately start asking questions about how you?re going to provide for your family and just earn a living. You feel that pressure of needing to make something happen soon. It wasn?t pressure from my family. They are my anchor and they shared the burden with me. But when you?re the main breadwinner, you just instinctively take on the pressure. In a way they helped me to keep it together and not completely fall apart, because I didn?t want them to see that I was feeling it and worry even more. I kept telling myself that if I lose it now and give up, they would all suffer and I couldn?t allow that. But you take that pressure to bed with you every night, and I was in a dark space.

And that?s when Jake White phoned.

I?d been fortunate in my previous time with the Vodacom Bulls to build up a great relationship with Jake as my coach and Edgar Rathbone as the CEO of the Vodacom Bulls.

When they saw the news about Wasps going under, they reached out to me. They said the following to me, and I still get quite emotional about it: ?Pretoria is your home. You?re always welcome here?.

It was a lifeline for me, and I am forever grateful to them for it.

I think it showed how grateful I was that I had one of my best performances in my first match back with the Vodacom Bulls against the Ospreys in the Vodacom United Rugby Championship, and for which I was voted Man of the Match.

After all the struggles we?d been through as a family, I just felt this incredible relief to be privileged enough to be playing again. To have a job again. I had this sense of wanting to repay Jake and Edgar for their faith in me. I still do. I want to help this team win titles and be the best player I can be.

To anybody who is also struggling out there, I know what you?re feeling. You might think that as rugby players we?re somehow immune to the twists and turns of life or protected from it. We?re not. I can lose my job just like any ordinary South African. And I did.

I can also be let down by people. There will be a dark day for all of us in this life ? guaranteed. No matter who you are.

But this experience has taught me that the people you can always rely on are your family and close friends. And that when your back is against the fall and it feels like your world is falling apart around you, keep fighting. Never give up for those you love and for those who need you to be strong for them.

And now, whether it?s a simple gym session or a big match, I go into it with the same mental attitude to give it my all because I know how different it can be.

I know how it can change overnight."

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 02, 2023, 08:35:16 AM »
Count 3 ex Wasps academy guys in the England u20s.
McArthur
Fisiau
Ma'Asi White

Asher Opoku on the bench is ours too, now at Sale

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 03, 2023, 10:03:08 AM »
Sam Spink & Zack Kibirige both starting for Western Force at the weekend

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan