Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs  (Read 143044 times)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2022, 01:56:50 PM »
Tweet from BB:

Leicester Tigers have appointed Matt Everard as senior academy coach.

It’s a good move for him. He originally came through at Leicester as a player but wasn’t retained after his u20 days when we nabbed  him.
As with Charlie, a long term deal and stability, without having to move house would be very appealing right now I imagine
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 09:47:51 PM by JonnyD »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2022, 02:22:33 PM »
Presumably it's a case of 'money talks'  but if you have a family and/or other responsibilities you can't blame them....  but I'm disappointed in Mattie.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2022, 02:28:16 PM »
As much as I don't blame players/staff that move to other clubs (we all have bills to pay and careers that we want to progress) I will feel bitter about these announcements. Every time I see an announcement, I can't help but think "nice to see X club benefit from both ours and Worcester's situation".

Tigers have now had a promising young English fly half in Charlie, from us, probably for next to nothing. Bath got Ted Hill and Ollie Lawrence from Worcester. Quins get a solid player in Bertie. Jack, Joe etc. won't be short of offers.

But hey, as long as boys and girls at the top table are kept happy, who's loss is it really that Wasps and Worcester fall by the wayside? (Please read as sarcasm!)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2022, 02:32:49 PM »
As much as I don't blame players/staff that move to other clubs (we all have bills to pay and careers that we want to progress) I will feel bitter about these announcements. Every time I see an announcement, I can't help but think "nice to see X club benefit from both ours and Worcester's situation".

Tigers have now had a promising young English fly half in Charlie, from us, probably for next to nothing. Bath got Ted Hill and Ollie Lawrence from Worcester. Quins get a solid player in Bertie. Jack, Joe etc. won't be short of offers.

But hey, as long as boys and girls at the top table are kept happy, who's loss is it really that Wasps and Worcester fall by the wayside? (Please read as sarcasm!)

It is why I can see no way of supporting any of them or their league including TV coverage. I might mellow when we are firmly installed in the Championship but doubt it.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2022, 02:42:14 PM »
Interesting snippet put out by Ruck (?!) that Jack will sign a short term deal with Saints till the end of the season. He’s stipulated that as he wants to return to play for Wasps in the Champ!! Surely he can convince Tom as well.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2022, 03:02:20 PM »
Has Tom said he  IS going anywhere?  I'm just hoping that he is staying and that that is why Jack is coming back eventually. as they don't like being apart, I think.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2022, 03:05:04 PM »
Gutted about Charlie, was making big improvements. Its going to be hard to watch him play for Tigers. I want Charlie to do well but not enough to see Tigers win anything

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2022, 03:08:54 PM »
Has Tom said he  IS going anywhere?  I'm just hoping that he is staying and that that is why Jack is coming back eventually. as they don't like being apart, I think.

Quoted as saying they don't want to play against each other. Tom was rumoured to Ulster.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2022, 03:36:43 PM »
Thank you Neils.  Is the parachute jump by Matt Everard going to affect the progress of the administration thingy at all?  Would he need to be replaced?

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2022, 05:32:07 PM »
Thank you Neils.  Is the parachute jump by Matt Everard going to affect the progress of the administration thingy at all?  Would he need to be replaced?

Why should it?  He was made redundant along with everybody else, so is free to work where he pleases, and as a coach, he is not up against the salary cap restraints that are preventing players from finding other clubs at an appropriate salary.  There were reports that the consortium would have liked Lee as DoR and Everard at Head Coach, but we don't even know if there was any truth to them.  Whatever hypothetical discussions may or may not have taken place, if the right, firm offer has been put to him by someone else in the meantime, then he would be foolish not to take it.  I know what I'd do if I found myself in a similar situation with my employers.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2022, 05:34:10 PM »

Why should it?  He was made redundant along with everybody else, so is free to work where he pleases, and as a coach, he is not up against the salary cap restraints that are preventing players from finding other clubs at an appropriate salary.  There were reports that the consortium would have liked Lee as DoR and Everard at Head Coach, but we don't even know if there was any truth to them.  Whatever hypothetical discussions may or may not have taken place, if the right, firm offer has been put to him by someone else in the meantime, then he would be foolish not to take it.  I know what I'd do if I found myself in a similar situation with my employers.

Indeed a bird in the hand, etc etc.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2022, 10:06:06 PM »
Stalking on Instagram:

Tom West is looking for a room to rent in NW London from December/January

And Jacob’s girlfriend is selling all her houseplants - a trip to NZ maybe?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2022, 10:12:42 PM »
Stalking on Instagram:

Tom West is looking for a room to rent in NW London from December/January

And Jacob’s girlfriend is selling all her houseplants - a trip to NZ maybe?

Jacob was in talks with Toulon but it appears to have been blitzed by Biggar being freed by Saints. Reported 18 month deal for Biggar.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2022, 09:25:02 AM »
Minozzi has joined Benetton until the end of the season, but with the option to extend for two years.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2022, 10:42:05 AM »
Nemo back to the Bulls until June 2024.