Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs  (Read 142960 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2022, 07:25:52 PM »
I would laugh like a dog with two dicks. And then some.

That image alone is both creeping me out and laughing out loud all at the same time!
Glad to be of service. Have an upvote

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2022, 09:37:42 PM »
Shame the SW Debtors (figures given by BBC are large) got beaten tonight.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2022, 09:38:03 PM »
Sarcasm!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2022, 10:04:50 PM »
Definite signs of financial distress. All of a sudden when the internationals come along they look threadbare.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2022, 10:26:14 PM »
Definite signs of financial distress. All of a sudden when the internationals come along they look threadbare.
Good

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2022, 10:46:46 PM »
I should feel some sympathy for Ex fans and players if they are in trouble.

But Baxter's bulls**t means I have none at all. I can't think of anyone's club I want to go bust more, and that includes Saracens...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2022, 12:16:07 AM »

But Baxter's bulls**t means I have none at all. I can't think of anyone's club I want to go bust more, and that includes Saracens...

Same here. Just had a quick whizz through the game and just can’t understand how week in, week out, Chief's are allowed to take out players beyond the ruck all the time when other teams get pinged for it. Sometimes it’s not even vaguely subtle. Maybe it’s not just the PRL and RFU smoking Big Chief Spouting Bu*****t Baxter’s peace pipe, but Spreadbury’s lot too.

Great to see them lose again, but what struck me was the league table looking so small and absurd. Saints in 4th with only 12 league games left this season, and the Cheats running away with it 10 points clear having won 7 from 7. It’s barely a viable competition anymore, rather a borefest of who’s going to lose to the Cheats in the final, which will also be if they want to increase games with a Prem cup competition. I tried to sign up to Premiersports in the week but it looks like its become Via Sports and couldn’t access the link. I’m keen to watch some rugby with a bit of variety in it, rather than a one horse race with a big, sulky baby from the South West running round trying to nobble the field so he’s got a better chance next time.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 12:21:34 AM by Andywasp50 »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2022, 07:14:45 AM »
Must admit to disliking intensely the awful EAs,  but  Execeter run them close second.  It's 75% of the supporters who annoy me. 25%  are very nice but the rest we found rude and arrogant, this from 2 visits and that Final at HQ.  In the latter they crossed the roads on purpose to verbally  abuse us  tho' in the stadium  they satisfied themselves by remaining in their seats, particularly the two sitting next to me.  I should find a shred of sympathy for them but I can't.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2022, 08:13:41 AM »

Same here. Just had a quick whizz through the game and just can’t understand how week in, week out, Chief's are allowed to take out players beyond the ruck all the time when other teams get pinged for it. Sometimes it’s not even vaguely subtle. Maybe it’s not just the PRL and RFU smoking Big Chief Spouting Bu*****t Baxter’s peace pipe, but Spreadbury’s lot too.

Couldn't agree more. I got to see a bit of the French club rugby last weekend and it was as if the officials were applying the Laws at the breakdown and so people didn't fly in. Indeed - they even applied the Law re rucks it seemed - so once the second player was there - no hands...The Prem seems to allow not only "flying in" but "players on feet to compete with hands when the ruck has formed.

It's not only wrong, slowing ball, and rewarding cheating, but damn dangerous.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2022, 01:08:32 PM »
Andy wasp/ Mike - completely agree. I’ve had a look at the tv schedules on BT for the last 3-4 weeks. Constant Exeter/Sarries/Sale/Tigers. Then as you say when you look at the table it’s getting farcical. It absolutely convinces me that a 12 team league is the minimum. And I’d prefer 14. The Prem is just too small/predictable and repetitive at the moment - the game will suffer.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2022, 01:11:34 PM »
Andy wasp/ Mike - completely agree. I’ve had a look at the tv schedules on BT for the last 3-4 weeks. Constant Exeter/Sarries/Sale/Tigers. Then as you say when you look at the table it’s getting farcical. It absolutely convinces me that a 12 team league is the minimum. And I’d prefer 14. The Prem is just too small/predictable and repetitive at the moment - the game will suffer.

So totally +1

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2022, 01:42:58 PM »

Is this not what the RFU want?
Less clubs, so that England players are playing with their international team mates at club level more often?
Less power to the clubs so the RFU has more say on the international players.
Less games so the players can be available for more England training camps

If the clubs can't afford to run, the RFU can then pick and choose who they help and how

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2022, 01:59:51 PM »
If they are that deluded that that will be the outcome they need look no further that Tigers today currently playing an Italian select side. The reduction in income would kill the clubs and the lack of interest the game.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2022, 02:14:18 PM »
Again, dead clubs is probably what the rfu want. They had the chance to take power in the mid 90s, and spooned it. They want it again.
Slimebags like Nigel are in the way of that, but there are not enough of them to make a league.
The slimebag rich owners want a Euro league and increased cap because it is the only league they can ever  have. And the other nations don't.
The big owners are going to find that money can't buy you everything, and the rfu, despute their incompetence, are going to find it could all fall into their lap.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 01:54:52 AM by westwaleswasp »

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2022, 11:45:34 PM »
Son-in-law is a car salesman, and he was telling me that he had someone in this week looking at a new car, and he was wearing Wasps gear.

SiL asked if he was as upset about Wasps as his father in law (me), and his partner said, "well yes - he was made redundent".

Turns out it was Ellot Millar-Mills, and he told SiL that he is likely to end up in France.