Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Interesting tweet from Bobby  (Read 4130 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting tweet from Bobby
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2022, 06:26:09 PM »
Just read something on Cov telegraph that says Ccfc are paying £600,000 annually to use arena . Not sure if that includes any extra games (cup etc) but sounds like a set fee. So works out at 25k to 30k a game.
Was that us being generous? Sounds low to me.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2022, 06:30:22 PM »
Do we have any super wealthy fans? Feels like that’s our only way forward.

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2022, 07:50:30 PM »
:)  Hereford would be good!!
Well MrsFW and I would bring the attendance up to at least 3!!! Though Leominster or Kington even better for us

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2022, 10:53:18 PM »
We might get double figures!

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2022, 11:38:59 PM »
Just read something on Cov telegraph that says Ccfc are paying £600,000 annually to use arena . Not sure if that includes any extra games (cup etc) but sounds like a set fee. So works out at 25k to 30k a game.

That's probably about what I would expect. I was told a few years back that when we had big attendances it was a £6k decision whether to open the South stand or not.
So as a championship club with low attendances if we only opened the West and North stand we could be looking at costs under £20k a match so that should be under £300k a season, so a couple of thousand fans would cover the stadium costs without too much issue.

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2022, 05:45:51 PM »
I was at the Coventry Vs Pirates game (pirates have the best chant btw). It was close to full with a good atmosphere, but that was around 2500. I expect that the capacity of the bpa is around 3000.

From what I can gather neither the fans or the owner have any ambition for premiership rugby, it's just too expensive.

Pirates chant:"Give me a P (P), give me an I (I), give me a R (Arrrrrrrrr)!.

DanJester

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2022, 11:45:13 AM »
Call me mad, but last I heard was that London Scottish were looking to move on from the RAG. That leaves Richmond short a tenant.

Wasps could do a lot worse than setting up shop there. Yes it's the pain of being a tenant again, but realistically there is no magic empty plot that can become a rugby ground. The extra money at the RAG could help towards getting the main stand redeveloped and/or building a 2nd one.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2022, 12:06:13 PM »
That sounds excellent. Like it. Must be too good to be true.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2022, 12:06:28 PM »
London Scottish were looking to move and had arranged to groundshare with Esher from 2021/22 whilst it developed a ground of it's own. They changed their mind in February 2021 about moving to Esher and continue to play at the RAG in the meantime. No word on whether they still plan to move.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2022, 12:07:58 PM »
Lots of talk of small stadiums etc, if Wasps do continue wherever we end up, and I personally can't see a better option than the CBS, it needs to be over 10,000 seats if we have any plans to get back in the premiership which I would assume the new owners would be targeting.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2022, 12:22:54 PM »
With each passing day I’m wondering more if we need to worry about where we might play. If Bobby was correct and discussions were going on on Friday I understand it will take time and we might not hear anything but the vacuum of information is worrying. I guess on the “where” things will spark up this week when ACL go into admin and the runners and riders for the stadium start to emerge - along with an idea of whether they have Wasps as part of their plans.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2022, 12:37:20 PM »
With each passing day I’m wondering more if we need to worry about where we might play. If Bobby was correct and discussions were going on on Friday I understand it will take time and we might not hear anything but the vacuum of information is worrying. I guess on the “where” things will spark up this week when ACL go into admin and the runners and riders for the stadium start to emerge - along with an idea of whether they have Wasps as part of their plans.
IIRC Stephen said that if something didn't happen by Friday that was it for this season. I also noticed that the BBC had our game against Tigers down as Cancelled rather than Postponed.

As to grounds. If anyone ambitious is coming in to rescue the club they'll want to be able to use the training facilities and that's probably also why Stephen was adamant that "Phoenix"* Wasps should play at the CBS.

*My term not Stephen's.

DanJester

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2022, 01:03:09 PM »
London Scottish were looking to move and had arranged to groundshare with Esher from 2021/22 whilst it developed a ground of it's own. They changed their mind in February 2021 about moving to Esher and continue to play at the RAG in the meantime. No word on whether they still plan to move.
Ahhhh, bugger.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2022, 03:12:09 PM »
I think we have to expect the worst now. For a while it was like so many Wasps games that were set to change one way or the other in the last few minutes of the game, but instead of a clear final whistle, the game just petered out until no one was playing.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2022, 03:27:55 PM »
I’d long since written off this season. Does anyone know what/if/when the deadlines are for registering for the Champ for 23/24. Although I guess as you say IBW with a skeletal and short time contracted staff it may well be that there are no announcements at all and we just drift off into the ether without a word said about it.