Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Relegation Confirmed - Apparently  (Read 2643 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Relegation Confirmed - Apparently
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 06:46:51 PM »
That had to happen. As the club will also appeal (as suggested in that PR).

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 06:48:45 PM »
I imagine it has been confirmed but just not yet widely reported. I imagine other news outlets will follow shortly.

I would accept a relegation to the Championship, provided we do get someone willing to buy us and we get to keep our P Share (which I imagine will be a key part of any takeover - see Armstrong bid). Out of curiosity, has this P Share law (in regard to the removal of it) always been there?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 06:50:53 PM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 07:13:34 PM »
On the Beeb bet Gilbert is partying.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 08:06:12 PM »
On the Beeb bet Gilbert is partying.

Until ACL go under and his precious CCFC can't play there.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 08:45:09 PM »
The inevitable confirmed. Crocodile tears in a few places as they set their mind to how “the 10” will work. I find myself hoping for return of the amateur game when money wasn’t the only and sole deciding factor in things.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 10:18:40 PM »
I wish we had someone like Diamond fighting our corner

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 10:24:25 PM »
Wouldn’t be that hard for the game’s administrators to switch back to the amateur world. They already give a bloody good impression of a bunch of amateurs.

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2022, 11:54:50 PM »
Tough to take really - I can only hope something like Diamond’s consortium can emerge for us.

Just to get this off my chest, I saw a bit of the first half of the Glaws v Exeter game and it was very clear in the coaching box that Baxter was directing things. I thought he’d changed roles and Hepher was in charge now? Given they got well beaten and are now mid table and playing controlled but unattractive rugby, I don’t understand why Baxter has so much to say about the Prem being reduced to 10 and gets so many column inches. He’s yet to replicate Wasps achievements in titles and providing England players, yet he gives the impression he considers himself and Chiefs as bigger than they really are. I’ve not heard any advocacy of a ‘Super 10’ from Borthwick, Skivington, Sanderson, Matson or even McCall who have been a lot less publicly ‘pushy’ on the subject. perhaps a little humility would do him some good.

Sorry if I’m sounding bitter, but he’s become a little too outspoken and I’m probably a little sore about our demise at the moment.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2022, 09:10:51 AM »
Tough to take really - I can only hope something like Diamond’s consortium can emerge for us.

Just to get this off my chest, I saw a bit of the first half of the Glaws v Exeter game and it was very clear in the coaching box that Baxter was directing things. I thought he’d changed roles and Hepher was in charge now? Given they got well beaten and are now mid table and playing controlled but unattractive rugby, I don’t understand why Baxter has so much to say about the Prem being reduced to 10 and gets so many column inches. He’s yet to replicate Wasps achievements in titles and providing England players, yet he gives the impression he considers himself and Chiefs as bigger than they really are. I’ve not heard any advocacy of a ‘Super 10’ from Borthwick, Skivington, Sanderson, Matson or even McCall who have been a lot less publicly ‘pushy’ on the subject. perhaps a little humility would do him some good.

Sorry if I’m sounding bitter, but he’s become a little too outspoken and I’m probably a little sore about our demise at the moment.

Those you’ve mentioned are perhaps more aware of their own clubs difficulties ( McCall excepted) and don’t wish to comment in case they end up as the third club out.  McCall mostly avoids ever giving a public opinion.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2022, 11:04:04 AM »
McCall is working for the club that cheated and basically got away with it- he says little on any front because it is in his interest to.
He may want employment in future  after all, and public pronouncements are only going to wind people up.
Baxter will probably be the next England coach, but I don't think he courts column inches- I think he answers questions honestly as he sees it. So did Liz Truss over the summer when she talked about tax cuts, which she then went through with. Being honest does not mean you are right, after all. I don't see his comments as machevellian or scheming, I see him as unguarded, and frankly wrong.
The 10 team league comes from the flawed syllogism 'something must be done'/'this is something'/'therefore we must do it'.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2022, 11:54:02 AM »
Another club has to bite the dust before there can be a 10 team league. So very sad. If 2 more crash and burn then it's a 9 team league and verging on the unsustainable (if not there already).
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2022, 12:26:05 PM »
When Baxter first mentioned a 10 team league, wasn't his comment framed in terms of player welfare? i.e. less games

It's since included best players being more visible, which may be true.

It also includes the far fetched idea that more people will turn up cos there's less games

From there its almost become a blueprint

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2022, 01:00:01 PM »
When Baxter first mentioned a 10 team league, wasn't his comment framed in terms of player welfare? i.e. less games

It's since included best players being more visible, which may be true.

It also includes the far fetched idea that more people will turn up cos there's less games

From there its almost become a blueprint

Especially when in next breath it’s “we will make up shortfall of games with a bigger/more meaningful Premiership cup”.