Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BB - Digging but no further info  (Read 2757 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BB - Digging but no further info
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2022, 03:19:42 PM »
Just reminding myself of Chris Wright's involvement and had forgotten he was an Hon Pres. Of Wasps. Met him many years ago at a band signing and struck me as one of the nice guys.
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2022, 05:36:20 PM »
Didn't the club briefly pass through Riggers' ownership in between Hayes and Richardson?  Otherwise, the only ex-owner I can think of as being remotely likely to be in there is Wright.
I'm sure it was one if my favourite ex-players, Ken Moss, who fronted the transition from Hayes to Richardson.

That's the fella!  Thanks for the memory jog.  That makes him an ex-owner, however briefly.  Fits the bill.  The return of Wright, Hayes or Richardson seems a little far fetched to me.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2022, 05:47:13 PM »
Didn't the club briefly pass through Riggers' ownership in between Hayes and Richardson?  Otherwise, the only ex-owner I can think of as being remotely likely to be in there is Wright.
I'm sure it was one if my favourite ex-players, Ken Moss, who fronted the transition from Hayes to Richardson.

That's the fella!  Thanks for the memory jog.  That makes him an ex-owner, however briefly.  Fits the bill.  The return of Wright, Hayes or Richardson seems a little far fetched to me.

I think you are right about Hayes and Richardson.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2022, 09:37:24 PM »
2+2 != 4

I just looked up Steve Hayes as I was curious if he still owned Wycombe Wanderers FC.

I got linked to his linkedin page, the last activity of which was liking something to do with Wasps Legends.
I don't have an account, so couldn't dig any deeper

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2022, 09:45:41 PM »
No evidence at all to back this up, but technically Derek is an ex owner as well at this point.

I really hope not, would struggle to support the club if Derek was involved.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2022, 09:53:42 PM »
Can I ask an extremely naive question?

If the the training ground is owned separately, the stadium is too, the players and staff are all redundant, the P share is gone and there are zero assets, probably not even a tackle bag then what are the administrators actually selling?
Just the brand and rights to the name?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2022, 10:13:32 PM »
Yep

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2022, 10:24:02 PM »

If the the training ground is owned separately, the stadium is too, the players and staff are all redundant, the P share is gone and there are zero assets, probably not even a tackle bag then what are the administrators actually selling?

The assets of the business still exist, and will be sold if possible. So lots of Wasps branded gear is probably up for grabs. But yes, in the main I think you buy the rights to the brand, the "goodwill" and the "trading style"
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2022, 10:30:01 PM »

The assets of the business still exist, and will be sold if possible. So lots of Wasps branded gear is probably up for grabs. But yes, in the main I think you buy the rights to the brand, the "goodwill" and the "trading style"

The thing that puzzles me is the shop still operating apparently.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2022, 12:38:51 AM »
2+2 != 4

I just looked up Steve Hayes as I was curious if he still owned Wycombe Wanderers FC.

He ditched WWFC the same time as he ditched us. He was only interested in both as long as he could see a profit coming from his planned stadium complex at Wycombe Air Park.

WWFC is now owned by an American - and he is well respected by all the WWFC fans I know.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2022, 08:00:45 AM »

Wasn't it outsourced to a retail firm, who I guess have a bunch of stock they want to sell off.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2022, 08:02:21 AM »

Wasn't it outsourced to a retail firm, who I guess have a bunch of stock they want to sell off.

True - ElitePro I think.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2022, 08:16:50 AM »
2+2 != 4

He ditched WWFC the same time as he ditched us. He was only interested in both as long as he could see a profit coming from his planned stadium complex at Wycombe Air Park.

WWFC is now owned by an American - and he is well respected by all the WWFC fans I know.

Yes - Rob Couhig. Definitely rates as a favourite alongside Gareth Ainsworth with the Chairboys fans.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2022, 08:30:32 AM »

If the the training ground is owned separately, the stadium is too, the players and staff are
all redundant, the P share is gone and there are zero assets, probably not even a tackle bag then what are the administrators actually selling?
In essence you’re not buying anything - you’re setting something up.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2022, 09:26:27 AM »
2+2 != 4

I got linked to his linkedin page, the last activity of which was liking something to do with Wasps Legends.
I don't have an account, so couldn't dig any deeper

No, he sold to a trust, and their ownership has changed as outlined above.
 Happened to look him up last week, total coincidence.
He sold to the trust, got out completely and his linked in stuff has him as ex owner of both. He went on to be quite successful, and was cleared of all the allegations that arose regarding phone hacking etc.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 09:29:11 AM by westwaleswasp »