Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England  (Read 17672 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: enland
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2022, 09:34:20 AM »
The frustration I have is that it doesn't matter who he picks, its how he gets them to play that is the issue.
Also the way pundits talk about how experienced & stable the England side is, without mentioning that if they are not winning games, whats the point of stability & experience? they just end up with experience of losing!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2022, 10:06:02 AM »
Any chance of starting a thread where at least the country is spelt right even if the team are crap.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2022, 10:54:37 AM »
Any chance of starting a thread where at least the country is spelt right even if the team are crap.
That do you?

I was taking the typo as a commentary on Mad Eddie.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: England
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2022, 11:06:09 AM »
So sorry if I offended you jut a siple tying eror, took you long enough to notice it.

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2022, 11:10:29 AM »
I like that VV, because there is no g up in England at the moment, but no just a typo.   

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2022, 11:41:40 AM »
The frustration I have is that it doesn't matter who he picks, its how he gets them to play that is the issue.
Also the way pundits talk about how experienced & stable the England side is, without mentioning that if they are not winning games, whats the point of stability & experience? they just end up with experience of losing!
Unless pundits are explaining the intricacies of the game, the laws or how it is being refereed etc I tend to ignore them. They all want to be friends with Eddie, club DoRs, senior players etc and so pull their punches. Even if they don't want to they know they'll get frozen out of press conferences and other media events if they are overly critical.

Eddie especially strikes me as someone who could be quite vindictive towards someone who has been overly critical.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2022, 11:49:37 AM »
That do you?

Excellent thanks.

I suggested adding an "F" to make it Fenland - a kind of boggy mess needing draining. Bit like English rugby top to bottom.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2022, 03:01:16 PM »
That do you?

Excellent thanks.

I suggested adding an "F" to make it Fenland - a kind of boggy mess needing draining. Bit like English rugby top to bottom.

After your idea of perhaps Wasps moving to East Anglia ,being an untapped rugby area, was going to suggest Cambridge as being convenient for M11/A14 and trains. However after your description of the fens maybe not.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2022, 03:18:45 PM »
That do you?

Excellent thanks.

After your idea of perhaps Wasps moving to East Anglia ,being an untapped rugby area, was going to suggest Cambridge as being convenient for M11/A14 and trains. However after your description of the fens maybe not.

Of all the country in the South East Anglia is big rugby deficient- Cambridge,  Ipswich,  Colchester or Chelmsford all fine with lower division interest only. Norfolk a bit too strange plus far away.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2022, 04:09:22 PM »
Unless pundits are explaining the intricacies of the game, the laws or how it is being refereed etc I tend to ignore them. They all want to be friends with Eddie, club DoRs, senior players etc and so pull their punches. Even if they don't want to they know they'll get frozen out of press conferences and other media events if they are overly critical.

Interesting that Danny Care was very, very critical of the cheats on the BBC podcast. I'd love to know how he maintained his love in with Jamie George as a result, but they clearly did through his summer recall.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2022, 05:16:51 PM »

Interesting that Danny Care was very, very critical of the cheats on the BBC podcast. I'd love to know how he maintained his love in with Jamie George as a result, but they clearly did through his summer recall.
I haven't heard that one, but good on Danny if he spoke some hard hitting truth.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2022, 03:38:01 PM »
Well, I have decided to watch it…

Japan not offering much at the moment.
Porter stripped of the ball in his first carry, sure that happened on his debut too.

Hoping the JvP Smith axis can start taking charge but sure due to our early scrum dominance we’re just going to use that to churn out penalties

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2022, 05:20:30 PM »
Forza Italia!!!!!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2022, 05:22:21 PM »
Forza Italia!!!!!

Now that was a match.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2022, 07:59:24 PM »
Completely forgot it was happening. Sad to see we won well.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here