Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Sack race  (Read 1197 times)

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Sack race
« on: November 19, 2022, 03:42:06 PM »
It looks as though Eddie and Pivac are having their own mini sack race. Following the loss to Georgia, Pivac probably has the edge on Jones.

Sadly, for both nations, their respective RFUs seem similarly inept and probably lack the courage to make a change this close to a World Cup.

Perhaps they should review the Dobbin case study. Robinson was hoofed out in the AIs before the World Cup. In comes Brian Ashton and somehow England got it together at the World Cup (after a shaky start) and made it to the finals.

Then there’s the French who, in 2011, decided their coach didn’t have a clue and opted to run the show themselves. They too made it to the final.

The upshot of these stories is that it’s never to late to make a change for the better.

Now that’s decided, anyone know what Gats is up to at the mo?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Sack race
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 03:45:34 PM »
Or Shaun??

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 03:48:56 PM »
Jones is far more sack deserving. Both have engineered poor outcomes but Jones has the edge as he’s achieved it with better players.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 03:53:38 PM »
Or Shaun??

Shaun has sign up  with France until the next WC.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 03:55:43 PM »
Well done France

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 04:41:02 PM »
Or Shaun??

To quote SE: I talked to England but there was NO offer on the table so I've signed a contract extension with France.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 05:06:16 PM »
No chance Eddie is sacked.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 05:08:24 PM »
My own view is that anyone involved in a national side of any sport, including physios, kit people etc need to qualify for  ‘residency’ of that country,just as much as players themselves.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2022, 05:23:34 PM »
Jones is far more sack deserving. Both have engineered poor outcomes but Jones has the edge as he’s achieved it with better players.
What England have (i.e. the RFU) is nil courage. Whilst Lancaster offered the "number one" sack-me of not qualifying for a home RWC QF, his record of 6Ns was/is unmatched and he made a tour to NZ in their pomp, and we play well. His subsequent influence on Leinster and contract to Racing demonstrates someone in touch with their remit.

Jones took that squad and did well - but he's also offered three of the worst 6Ns efforts - one of the longest losing streaks and since dining out on the RWC SF vs NZ, two of those really poor 6Ns. One of which would have got many a coach sacked. He's pissed on too many players' chips and seems obsessed with being right. And any team that in 2021 can lay as well as they did vs France and as poorly the next week vs Ireland is a team that's not on the same page as their coach. And yet all the RFU did was "do a review". Followed by 6Ns 2022 and again, losing 3 games....

Regardless of the result today - comparison of how Scotland has just dealt with Argentina might be informative. A fluid attacking display scoring 8 tries is a stark contrast to the blunt, witless display England offered.

England can always win any game - that meant, for me, that winning today would prove little in the context of a series of games where England have been poor and lacking guile. Over most of the last two years minimum.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 10:45:43 PM »
Regardless of the result today - comparison of how Scotland has just dealt with Argentina might be informative. A fluid attacking display scoring 8 tries is a stark contrast to the blunt, witless display England offered.

But Scotland are all over the shop these days, they're the new France. They lost their test series in Argentina this year. I don't think we ought to be compared to them entirely.....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2022, 11:04:09 PM »

But Scotland are all over the shop these days, they're the new France. They lost their test series in Argentina this year. I don't think we ought to be compared to them entirely.....

Lost but not badly - an 8 point loss, a 23 point win and a 3 point loss to Boffelli add to that a 40 point win over Chile. Remember they have a tiny playing pool compared to all other the teams probably including Italy now. Plus a coach who takes massive humps from time to time.
Let me tell you something cucumber