Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Shock, Horror on Sky Blues Talk  (Read 2512 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Shock, Horror on Sky Blues Talk
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:14:05 PM »
New thread, the poster wrote: Yesterday, I saw in total around 5 or 6 Wasps merchandise/jackets being worn by people on the way to the Ricoh or inside. I just don't understand people wearing Wasps clothing to Coventry City games? I assume as its a different sport, it can't be stopped by the stewards? You couldn't wear an opposing football teams top in the home end?

Responses varied from it's the end of the world to some who wondered really, why bother posting?? :)

More to the point, CCFC haven't won a game since SISU continued the legals at the end of November. They're 13th in the table, 9 points away from trouble.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: Shock, Horror on Sky Blues Talk
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 12:23:37 PM »
That post is a complete waste of bytes. What next people shouldn't be wearing dark blue jeans to CCFC games as they may offend. More to the point why have CCFC fans got an issue with Wasps, the issue should be with the destructive madness that SISU have brought about...ho hum.
It was fine when I left it.....

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 12:29:12 PM »
In fairness, RBB, quite a few thought the OP was a bit of a joke. I don't think that CCFC fans as a whole have any issue with Wasps it's just some of the knuckledraggers on SBT who hate us and rugby in general.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »
Wasps are an easy target and have a club and supporters media profile that makes it easy for a few CCFC supporters to vent their anger at (i.e. signing up to the DW site).

I very occasionally go onto the SBT site and on the whole its passionate but balanced. Most realise that SISU are the problem but are impotent to do anything about it.

What's the cut off for CCFC to register what ground they intend playing at next year?

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 12:41:12 PM »
That post is a complete waste of bytes. What next people shouldn't be wearing dark blue jeans to CCFC games as they may offend. More to the point why have CCFC fans got an issue with Wasps, the issue should be with the destructive madness that SISU have brought about...ho hum.

Thing is, it's not SISU named in the court case. It's Otium and others, and Otium is CCFC (CCFC is just a trademark I believe, Otium is the company).

So when Wasps say they won't negotiate, it's nothing to do with SISU (even if they are pulling the strings), the company they'd have to negotiate with are literally the company currently going to court, having named Wasps as an interested party, and are trying to cost Wasps £30m.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 12:43:00 PM »
Wasps are an easy target and have a club and supporters media profile that makes it easy for a few CCFC supporters to vent their anger at (i.e. signing up to the DW site).

I very occasionally go onto the SBT site and on the whole its passionate but balanced. Most realise that SISU are the problem but are impotent to do anything about it.

What's the cut off for CCFC to register what ground they intend playing at next year?

The regs are a bit vague. Around end of January into February. They actually say something like start of the calendar year.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 11:40:19 AM »
Listening to a phone in this morning on the woes of Manchester United and how difficult things are for the poor dears, things were put sharply into perspective by a CCFC fan.  He simply said that they would no longer exist after the end of January as the owners were intent on suing the owners of the Ricoh (he didn't mention Wasps per se).  The league have asked for confirmation, and apparently they have been told there is no 'Plan B' so it's get a deal with Wasps or nothing....but they are pursuing their action in the knowledge that it will result in the demise of the club!  Nothing new there, but interesting to hear it put like that on national radio.