Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Our former tenants  (Read 4432 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Our former tenants
« on: December 05, 2022, 10:40:35 AM »
Apparently served with an eviction notice on Friday by the new owners. Circulating on twatter.
Let me tell you something cucumber

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Our former tenants
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 10:46:53 AM »
I shouldn't be enjoying this rumour... But I am!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 10:48:36 AM »
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

MarleyWasp

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 10:50:47 AM »
As if to compound their misery, William Storey (who is so dodgy he makes Sisu look honest and reliable) is looking to challenge the sale of CCFC too.

If I can't spend the rest of the season watching Wasps, this will go some way to filling the entertainment void...

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 10:53:48 AM »
What a shame.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 10:54:02 AM »
When I first saw it I thought somebody was taking the P buy a bit more searching and I couldn't stop chuckling. Haven't ventured to SBT yet but will enjoy the viewing later.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 10:56:57 AM »
Coventry City: Mike Ashley's Frasers Group serve stadium eviction notice - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63858805

Bet this reporter is pig sick!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 10:59:40 AM »
That is a pretty sh*tty scenario for them.  SBT isn't really representative of their fan base as a whole.

Having been through what we've been through, i'd like to say it's amusing, but exasperating.  Neither the Playing Squad and Support Staff nor the Fans deserve that merry go round.

I couldn't listen to the BBC Radio excerpt, but what's the reason for the eviction? - Is it a ploy to get more money in rent or plans to change the purpose of the stadium and so therefore no pitch to play on?

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 11:08:03 AM »
what's the reason for the eviction?

I wondering that too. Assume this is a ploy to raise their rent or to distress the football club enough to make it easier to buy?
Seems pointless buying a stadium & then not having nay sports teams playing in it....

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 11:09:41 AM »
Astonishing. What is Ashley's end-game here?

No point owning a stadium if there are no sports teams playing in it.

So I think he is either trying to distress CCFC to encourage a sale having not made any traction in negotiations with SISU, or he wants to re-negotiate the terms of the tenancy, again, not made any progress in negotiations with CCFC.

Latter is more likely but wouldn't be surprised at the former. Be interesting if SISU are trying to play hard-ball with Ashley!

Feel for the genuine fans of the club, but the minority representative didn't seem to be concerned about the uncertainty the Wasps situation was going to create.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 11:12:19 AM »
Exactly what I predicted he would do.

Wasps had identified major issues at the stadium meaning it needed (at Least £20m) spending on it. That is why he got it so cheap.

I said he would buy it cheap, and then evict CCFC, as their 10 year lease expired the moment the ground went in to administration. Nobody believes the recent sale of CCFC by SISU, it was simply smoke and mirrors designed to try to persuade MA to give them a lease. Not happening.

So, will the real owner of CCFC now step forwards from out of the shadows?

Either they sell to MA, or I suspect he will demolish the stadium and build his new HQ there. Coventry City Council must be entirely fed up with both Wasps and CCFC, so my guess is they will not care about the loss of either, and will simply see a new build for MA's offices as jobs for locals.

Ironic really. Gave me more than a chuckle.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 11:15:26 AM »
Considering I didn't see a single message of sympathy from anyone connected to CCFC when we went under, and they have gone out of their way to try to destroy our club through the courts for the last decade, I'm genuinely struggling to see this as anything other than hilarious.

Just need Mad Eddie sacked now.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 11:23:28 AM »
I can't believe the council would let him demolish the stadium, surely as lease holders they could veto any other use of the land?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2022, 11:28:21 AM »
I can't believe the council would let him demolish the stadium, surely as lease holders they could veto any other use of the land?
In reality though it doesn't matter to him. He has enough money that he can simply choose to sit it out and play the long game. Having it sitting empty for a year or two is going to focus the council's minds on it.

Perhaps he wants it empty to do all the renovation work it needs?  Then he can renegotiate any leases in his favour afterwards? Or perhaps he's suddenly developed an all encompasing love of unicycle hockey and is planning on turning the arena into the world's best venue for that?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2022, 11:35:45 AM »
Wasps had identified major issues at the stadium meaning it needed (at Least £20m) spending on it. That is why he got it so cheap.

This was reported by some of the SBT, but I don't think we ever saw anything publicaly referenced about it - Where has the figure come from and what's the issues at the Stadium?