Always a Wasp

Author Topic: News incoming?  (Read 15327 times)

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: News incoming?
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2022, 10:55:48 AM »
Agree with that. The viability of the stadium is now someone else’s concern. Given the amounts we were losing there it will be easier to make a profit as a tenant. I imagine it will be a one stand open scenario but I can’t see any reason why it shouldn’t work for us.

Hang on....

8 years ago, Stadium ownership was the only way to be viable and was the cornerstone of the business case to move to Coventry. Now it's an onerous drain on resources and it will be easier to turn a profit as a tenant.

So which is it?

It is entirely possible both statements are true.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2022, 10:59:06 AM »
all the aggravation with CCFC, Sisu, the council & teh locals must have been both a financial & a morale drain since moving surely?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2022, 11:00:29 AM »

Agree with that. The viability of the stadium is now someone else’s concern. Given the amounts we were losing there it will be easier to make a profit as a tenant. I imagine it will be a one stand open scenario but I can’t see any reason why it shouldn’t work for us.

Hang on....

8 years ago, Stadium ownership was the only way to be viable and was the cornerstone of the business case to move to Coventry. Now it's an onerous drain on resources and it will be easier to turn a profit as a tenant.

So which is it?
It’s far more nuanced than that. The move to Coventry and the general principle behind it made absolute sense. But a myriad of factors have made it fail. We now need to get a foothold in terms of existing which initial tenancy at the CBSA will hopefully give us.

nuneaton wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2022, 11:08:29 AM »
do not think having two championship teams in Coventry is a bad thing for the next few years.  look at football and the biggest games are the local derby's
i would be looking forward to home and away with large gate's that would help both Coventry and wasps.
the fan base for both clubs is not the same

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2022, 11:34:07 AM »
Just seen this posted on twitter by an account called @paw_1977:

Incoming Cov RFC & Wasps news this afternoon in something I didn’t see happening. A positive step but just watch the fewm of the usual few 🥱

Bigger picture is great news for a whole host of reasons so excellent news all round ❤️

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2022, 11:55:30 AM »
Also on twitter, via Chris Jones (@chrisjonespress):

RFU said “The RFU Board concluded that the application for Wasps was approved subject to a number of specific conditions being met and that it would continue to work with the bidders through the satisfaction of those conditions over the coming weeks. “

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2022, 11:55:38 AM »
https://twitter.com/chrisjonespress/status/1603718577252696066

Breaking News! Wasps consortium approved by RFU and for Championship Rugby next year.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2022, 12:04:11 PM »
Incoming Cov RFC & Wasps news this afternoon in something I didn’t see happening. A positive step

Interesting, some kid of merge perhaps? Ground share sounds unlikely if the comments re playing at the CBS have been correct?

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2022, 12:07:22 PM »
Incoming Cov RFC & Wasps news this afternoon in something I didn’t see happening. A positive step

Interesting, some kid of merge perhaps? Ground share sounds unlikely if the comments re playing at the CBS have been correct?

Yeah, difficult to think what else it might be? Wait and see, I guess!

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2022, 12:08:41 PM »
I'm loving all the positive noises coming out, slightly worried that wasps seem to be signing up to the onerous RFU controls that Worcester won't.

Also, nothing against the Coventry majority, but I'm fed up with the vocal minority and don't want to go back there. Also, if SISU were 'awkward', look forward to dealing with Mike Cashley!

Intrigued what the Cov RFC news is ... seems like it will upset the short-sighted, but good news for the 'big picture'?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2022, 12:16:16 PM »
I'm thinking a short term ground share maybe. Excellent for Sharp bringing in extra cash on fallow weeks.
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2022, 12:17:20 PM »
If you listen very carefully you can hear RFU committee members crying into their caviar at having failed to find sufficient grounds to reject our takeover too...

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2022, 12:19:10 PM »
If you listen very carefully you can hear RFU committee members crying into their caviar at having failed to find sufficient grounds to reject our takeover too...

;D ;D ;D

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2022, 12:26:28 PM »
Apparently BBC sport are showing championship rugby next year.

Edited to say:

Saw it stated somewhere but not seen anything official after a search so may only be a rumour.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 12:32:33 PM by andermt »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2022, 12:26:37 PM »
RFU rejects Worcester plan for league return, but approves Wasps application - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64002072
Let me tell you something cucumber