Always a Wasp

Author Topic: ERC 1/4s  (Read 4952 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: ERC 1/4s
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2023, 10:45:24 AM »
Marcus Watson, Jacob Umaga, Jack Willis and Tibaut Flament all in the SFs.

Add Dan Frost to that list.

Plus the other four Exeter Wasps.

Also Lee Blackett at Scarlets, lots of positive mentions for his impact there this week.

Plus Kieran Brookes at Toulon and Sione Vailanu at Glasgow if going back a bit!

Ex Wasps yes but not part of the falling apart. Or else you can have LoL in commentary duties.

Flament wasn't either then!

Nope
Let me tell you something cucumber

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2023, 01:01:48 PM »
Just watching the Toulouse game.

In all the justified applause for Dupont, Ramos [an extraordinary player] gets a bit forgotten.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2023, 02:12:54 PM »
I've just noticed that this afternoon's game is on ITV, I might break a vow not to watch the EAs and support La Rochelle as I'm feeling a bit starved of rugby.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2023, 03:55:28 PM »
I've just noticed that this afternoon's game is on ITV, I might break a vow not to watch the EAs and support La Rochelle as I'm feeling a bit starved of rugby.

I've done the same. Feeling a bit guilty though. I don't think I can watch a Prem game yet however.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2023, 04:59:27 PM »
Excellent semi finals.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2023, 05:08:12 PM »
Well, if that's England's best club team by a long stretch there's no wonder the England team are struggling. Everything we see bad about England we saw in EAs - conceding needless penalties, bereft of ideas near their line, lots of pretty play when it didn't matter, inability to change things on the field and sourness.

And no 37 YO back rower has the right to sell a dummy and make a line break like that after 60 minutes of intense work at the breakdown. Botia was amazing.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2023, 05:10:21 PM »

I've done the same. Feeling a bit guilty though. I don't think I can watch a Prem game yet however.
I enjoyed that, and not just because a Black and Gold side beat the EAs. I might even watch next weeks game on ITV, not least to support ITV showing club rugby on free to air.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2023, 05:25:23 PM »
Genuinely thought beforehand Sarries had a chance and La Rochelle weren't as strong as last year, very wrong!

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2023, 05:32:13 PM »
and Austin Sprite thinks it's ok to put your shoulder into someones head because it's a ruck.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2023, 05:36:02 PM »
They're a gobby lot those Cheats from Barnet. Some one should get carded. I would be tempted to red card the captain if he can't keep his team mates mouths under control.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2023, 05:41:35 PM »
They're a gobby lot those Cheats from Barnet. Some one should get carded. I would be tempted to red card the captain if he can't keep his team mates mouths under control.

+1

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2023, 05:43:19 PM »
He can't even keep his own mouth under control, Ross.  I watched it all (by chance) and thoroughly enjoyed it; it was great to watch La Rochelle, esp. as they were in yellow.  I found myself chanting ''Allez Allez Allez .... La - Ro  -  chelle''  at one point. Will look out for them in future.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2023, 05:51:11 PM »
He can't even keep his own mouth under control, Ross.  I watched it all (by chance) and thoroughly enjoyed it; it was great to watch La Rochelle, esp. as they were in yellow.  I found myself chanting ''Allez Allez Allez .... La - Ro  -  chelle''  at one point. Will look out for them in future.
+1

We?re thinking about driving down to Spain next Jan/Feb in our motorhome and I was already planning to go via La Rochelle because the area is meant to be so nice. I might try to plan it to watch a game, but don?t let Mrs BiND know 😁

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2023, 06:12:01 PM »
+1

We?re thinking about driving down to Spain next Jan/Feb in our motorhome and I was already planning to go via La Rochelle because the area is meant to be so nice. I might try to plan it to watch a game, but don?t let Mrs BiND know 😁

It is a cracking ground and very friendly. Wear black and gold and you will be rxtra welcomed.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2023, 06:21:51 PM »
Pleased to see a La Rochelle win but something has to be done about French TV and the use of it for officiating. Several contentious things ignored with the potential to benefit Sarries and Woolstencrofts incident replayed endlessly. It?s basically cheating.