Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps v Bath  (Read 5666 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Wasps v Bath
« on: December 23, 2018, 12:45:22 PM »
Only 2 hours to go. Getting twitchy.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps v Bath
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 01:16:09 PM »
Me too, I usually have a few glasses of wine or pints of beer to calm me down but this is my "detox" day after the last two days over indulging with the next three also going the same way.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 01:43:49 PM »
Me too, I usually have a few glasses of wine or pints of beer to calm me down but this is my "detox" day after the last two days over indulging with the next three also going the same way.

Really bad timing, coddy. :)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 02:24:47 PM »
I've been baking a carrot cake as a gift for my wife's friend. So I've not thought too much about it so far.

Cake on cooling rack, on sofa, nice cup of tea is my mid day limit, these days! Mince pie possible...

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 03:55:43 PM »
HT 9-14. Far too much whistle. We are certainly on the wrong side of the penalty count. Carley has no feeling for the game whatsoever. Both sides a bit baffled, commentators too. Might just kick off in the second half. Players are frustrated. Not my favourite ref at all.

Hampson having a bit of a mare. If Dan is fully fit, then he should come on after half time (IMO). We really need to come out of the blocks for the second half. Haven't got into the game yet. Far too much stop. start.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 04:15:41 PM »
If Dan can stand unaided, he must come on, now - we look terrible

BTW - is offside still called?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 04:54:37 PM »
Just depressing all round.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 05:08:44 PM »
Looked like we were just trying too hard and things weren't coming off. I hope Kieran's injury isn't too bad. We had them on the rack when he and the other subs came on. Momentum shifted when he had to go off. Carley still an appalling ref but he was bad for both teams. It wasn't his fault we lost. Bath defence was sharp and we managed to beat ourselves.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 05:32:19 PM »
We were trying too hard, I'd prefer that to the alternative. Carley was a drain on the game, may as well not bother with some of the rules but Bath adapted to what he was ok with - but it seems lying on the ball for an age seemed ok!

Scrum reffing confused the hell out of both sides.

Off for a "soda" now.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 06:33:55 PM »
Gonna try to cool off a little before writing my thoughts. Not quite the present I was hoping for...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 07:02:55 PM »
Well my detox day came unstuck as I'm now on my third Cider in the hope of forgetting the game.

Again no point in blaming the referee as he called it how he saw it. I can't put my finger on what's missing from our game at the moment as the players seem to be giving it everything but on the other hand we can't keep on blaming missed tackles and dropping the ball.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 07:17:12 PM »
Just got back home and after a quick look at the rants on DWs I thought I'd come onto here for some more rational argument. So here goes:

The carol singing was nice and the fireworks were great.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year playmates and let's hope for a better end to the season after the festivities are over.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 07:23:58 PM »
Back from the game. They let themselves down, they let nearly 32,000 fans down (31,600). Bath weren't all that special. We were that bad. Nervous and lacking cohesion. Carling was really bugging our front row with his calls. Some were truly inexplicable. He kept saying, 'It's how I saw it.'

Some of those players who should be able to play FAR better had a really bad day at the office. Elliot and Willie. Hampson actually got worse since the last few games. Didn't think it was possible. Porter would have been a far better choice (have I said that before?). Robson looked far from fit. Neither JCW or Brookes looked fit. Not sure what injury he had, but we may be putting Brookes on the longer term injury list.

Did ANYBODY have a good day today? Neal, MLB and Bassett were good in attack. Bassett had a day he would like to forget in defence. Searle did not have a good game. Offloaded often to put the receiver in hospital. At least he got some kicks for points.

No, all in all, that was a day to forget. If you can't win with that many fans roaring to support you, what can you win? And yet, WE ARE STILL 4th????

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 07:55:21 PM »
Just got in, an absolutely abject performance. Bath weren't that good, Wasps were that dire, no cohesion or looking like a team that had even met each other before today, Searle out of his depth apart from kicking. A radical overhaul is needed, the players are good enough but the system isn't, Bath bossed a game where they had 30,000 less fans cheering them on, that speaks volumes. Can't help feeling the annoying mexican wave when Wasps were in the corner was a distraction (that isn't an excuse by the way). I can't believe the polar difference between Toulouse away and this game. I also find Charlie Matthews going to ground after two paces infuriating.....off for some hop aided anaesthetic, the corner will be turned next game I hope.
It was fine when I left it.....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 08:34:57 PM »
Just got home and not at all happy. If we did not have those early season points we would be heading for relegation. Not so sure how we actually dig ourselves out of this situation. Senior players were a disgrace today. I feel sorry for some of the newcomers, inc Lima, being faced with players who drop the ball, fall off tackles and give away simple interceptions.
Let me tell you something cucumber