Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The Future  (Read 19722 times)

Robson9

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The Future
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2023, 08:18:22 PM »
Does that mean he now owns the stadium?

Apparently.

So now owns 2 of the 3 bust clubs.

Almost like that is exactly what some of us predicted was his endgame when he made the deal for Wasps to play at sixways.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2023, 08:20:22 PM »
But I would be very likely to go to see anyone (ANYONE at all) if  (big ''if'') rugby came back to Wuss. 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2023, 08:23:59 PM »
Can one person own two ex-clubs?

While they are "ex"  there should be no problem. Kind of owning something that doesn't exist.
Let me tell you something cucumber

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2023, 08:40:13 PM »
Statement from Chris Holland via BBC Hereford & Worcester:

Sixways & Worcester Warriors

As previously reported Loxwood Holdings provided a loan to Atlas Worcester Warriors Limited (AWW) at the beginning of May 2023, solely for the purposes of securing an option to lease Sixways for a possible return of Wasps. That option gave the owners of AWW until the 25th of May 2023 to repay the loan, which was secured as a debenture on the company.

Regrettably AWW have not repaid that loan and therefore their 97% shareholding now rests with Loxwood. Whilst that shareholding controls the interest in the long lease of Sixways as well as the IP, brand and chattels of Worcester Worriers, our only interest remains in the option to lease the stadium for 5 years from May 2024. We will protect the interest in the long lease and the IP, brand, and chattels of Worcester Warriors until a suitably qualified entity is identified. We have no interest whatsoever in the property.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2023, 09:12:08 PM »
Most interesting bit there is that he obviously expects us to be playing in some fashion from May 24. In which league??

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2023, 10:44:23 PM »
Most interesting bit there is that he obviously expects us to be playing in some fashion from May 24. In which league??

Prem Div 2

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2023, 07:34:39 AM »
Does anyone know Wuss's views on  this news?

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2023, 07:51:05 AM »
How much did Holland loan to Atlas? It was only about ?2 million wasn't it? That's damn cheap for a stadium!
If his only interest is the stadium then maybe he'll be willing to sell the Warriors club, brand and IP on for quite cheap if a supporters group/trust can get organised?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2023, 09:19:41 AM »

I think that their supporters are much as we are, pretty disheartened and lacking in faith of the future of our much loved clubs. What is a club without its players and ground? Not a lot. Without its supporters, it then becomes nothing. A lot of time has passed, and a lot more will. As it passes, so do the supporters fade and leave.

Better Holland than Jim O'Toole I think is their view. All he gets for his money is the 5 year lease on the stadium though, I think. Not worth a lot. I don't think he gets the freehold.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2023, 09:49:14 AM »
I'm not exactly brimming with confidence right now...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2023, 09:50:39 AM »

Bemused - except Grendel!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2023, 10:10:09 AM »
The actual ownership of the stadium seems quite complex. I don't believe this means Holland owns Sixways, just that he owns the option to lease it, I think!

Holland loaned Atlas the money to complete the purchase of the WW holding company which owned the brand, IP etc. He secured that loan against the Lease option for the stadium. Atlas failed to repay the loan, which meant Holland ended up with the shares in the company which owns the WW brand.
The stadium ownership still seems unknown, the DCMS loans were secured against it and it may well not have been sold by the administrators yet.
Holland's aim seems to have been to secure a stadium for Wasp sot play in at some point in the future, although in what context & what form, who knows.

All this is form what I can glean form Warriors site so may not be 100% correct

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2023, 10:11:23 AM »
Que sera sera.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2023, 03:49:12 PM »

Prem Div 2

;D

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2023, 04:55:43 PM »
As I understand it, Loxwood controls 97% of the company that holds the long lease on the stadium. Since Roy Rogers and Trigger didn't repay CH's ?2 million loan to CH, that long lease (and whatever goes along with it) is his. I'm not sure when the long lease runs from but usually they are expressed to be for 999 years in my experience.

I'm only a beancounter so the above may be a load of dingo's kidneys!