Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 2347 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: December 29, 2018, 07:49:57 AM »
Good morning from a still dark Hampshire.

Mrs VV is working today for the last time on a Saturday, and so I have a house full of kids. I'll do my best to watch the game, but starting to clear the tidal wave of Christmas crap that has swamped my house is my main job.

I really like the look of our team, Daly back to the wing, Shields as Captain, Robbo and Sopps together. But I'm still not convinced we'll win. We should, and we really need to, but I don't think we will.

I'll be cheering either way!

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 09:20:53 AM »
Morning VV and all. A late start today. A cloudy morning starting to clear. Looks like a good day for a bimble around on my motorbike in Warwickshire/Oxfordshire. Not decided where yet. I might just let my nose lead me. And then back to watch the big game on a streaming service.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »
Good morning to everyone from a grey and chilly Hastings. Won't be able to watch live as the grand daughters are visiting. I'll catch up with it  on demand later today. Safe travels to all. The season's resurrection starts today!
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 09:57:00 AM »
Can't imagine I'm going to get to see much of any of this. Will just have to find out the result and maybe watch it if it was a win!

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 10:02:49 AM »
Thank goodness for this thread as I thought the game was tomorrow. Grey and damp here - have just changed my plans and now watching the game on the telly. An entertaing game with no injuries would be good, anything else in our favour will be a bonus. I echo VV post re selection and result.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 10:03:31 AM »
Morning all.
Hate the journey to and from Twickers so watching from afar. After an evening killing a 30 year old malt I might just het back in focus by 3 pm. Then again I might prefer to stay completely out of focus!!!
Let me tell you something cucumber

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 11:33:16 AM »
Morning from the West where it's grey, windy and oddly warm. I'd would have liked to have gone today with my Tigers mate from the Thames Valley - but failed on the organisation front and having been up all night with a hacking cough...the sofa and drugs and coffee seems like a decent option.

So, the game, whilst its yet another centre partnership, and whilst Mike looks like he could do with a break and few days in Tenerife, the back three does give reason for hope that should we manage to sort even 40% of ball, we'll run into the big spaces with purpose

I'd hope whatever tactics we have, do recognise that Quins have a more than decent front 5 and excellent players across the team. They will be up for this one!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 11:35:30 AM »
An extra hour for recovery, Neils. KO is at 4.00pm.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 11:36:55 AM »
In Harrogate for a wedding, so missing chance for HQ. Have done this fixture in the past, super atmosphere at HQ for these matches.
Hoping for a W, just want us to really play.
Even if we got a lead I wouldn't expect it to be safe, given our record vs Quins.
Could be a cracker, although the ref might kill it somewhat....

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 11:50:28 AM »
Morning all. Out and about stuff already done so relaxing with a coffee before some lunch and then settling in for the game. Don't forget that it's on Channel 5 today as well as BT.

A win of any description would be well received, going to be tough but hopefully they'll have a right go at Quins, it is the proper derby after all.

Come on you Wasps!!!

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 12:17:22 PM »
Morning all, it's down the local micro pub for 2.45 for a couple of Ales and then the sports pub for the Rugby.

Not expecting a win with our recent form but by God we need one.