Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Oh crap...  (Read 7098 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh crap...
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 06:49:50 PM »
Not an excuse (honest), we were second best but Quins should have played the majority of that match with 14 players. Dave Ward's 3 offences (including dangerous play and spitting) in a matter of minutes was overlooked by CMK, it should have been RED. If he is cited it only goes to demonstrate that CMK did not act appropriately - that alone has to be questioned as part of a woeful reffing episode, Marler as usual got away with murder. Referees seem to think Marler is this comedy villain that merely needs ticking off now and then, whilst his dirty and illegal activity goes unchecked. If we can sort the handling issue out then we can beat anyone, much improved today and Campo looks good in the role he took today, pair him with JDJ for the next match. I thought this was a vast improvement from the Bath game, just lacking guile on occasion and good hands, we can fix that. WLR and ED were quiet though, I think CMK not playing the advantage when WLR was due to break out of the 22 was a poor decision....onward!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 06:52:17 PM by RBB »
It was fine when I left it.....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 06:55:00 PM »
The Ward incident - the TMP was trying to lead the ref towards a red, without saying it is a red offence, but CMK kept stating it was a stamp with no pressure. In the second half his replacement touch judge tried to yell him of a Marler offence clearly heard on TV but was ignored.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 07:04:52 PM »
Hope Robson isn't too injured but it looked a big ice pack.

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2018, 07:05:26 PM »
The neck roll was a shocker, I also think CMK acknowledged that WLR should have been given the advantage...or did I mis-hear?

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2018, 07:42:13 PM »
The second half gave me hope that the majority of the team have the determination and aptitude to pull us out of this rut before we slip much further.  However, it has polarised the Bath performance and result and puts huge pressure on the Saints game. We need to take the win (any win) to try and pull ourselves along in what is a very close contest.

I'm not one for picking out players however one senior Wasp really let himself and his club down... He might not be a wasp for much longer but a sharp look at his behaviour and attitude on the pitch needs to happen.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2018, 09:49:21 PM »
Struggling to stick to my rule if not posting until the day after a loss. But reading DW makes it easier.

Apparently we should sack everyone...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2018, 10:00:07 PM »
With no suggestions who we replace them with apart from upgrade Blackett.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2018, 10:37:00 PM »
I get sad and depressed when Wasps lose.
I get angry when I read a lot of the comments on DW.
It doesn't do my mental state any good.

I don't take losses well. I didn't when I played and I don't when I watch.
However I don't mind if we finish bottom of the league and get relegated. Providing the club survives, I'll stick by them while they turn it around and surge up the table again...... And I'd gladly do that with Dai Young still in charge.

I think it's time to delete my DW account

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2018, 11:53:20 PM »
Dave Ward should be banned - not just for what he did today but he is the absolute spitting (LOL) image of my PE teacher at school. He was a dirty b*stard too, ex- captain in the paras. Hooked against him in the annual school versus common room rugby match. Same game that our FB chinned (5 stitches) a geography teacher who was rumoured to be a junior Springbok. ;D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2018, 08:45:28 AM »
Agreed about DW, the thread suggesting Dai should be sacked is a joke, with a lot of posters who I don't recognise putting in the boot.  They remind of Queeny from Blackadder II !

As for Dave Ward, it'll only take a fairly blind citing commission not to punish him further after his display. In my mind he should be seeing at least 6 weeks off, 2 weeks for each offense, and that is me feeling quite lenient.

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2018, 09:02:49 AM »
All sorts of denial re: Dave Ward on Twitter, including players. The evidence is clear and indisputable, I am saddened that this behaviour has manifested itself in rugby. 6 weeks is too lenient. Let's see what he gets. Take a look at 23 seconds in, not shouting, looking down, lips pursed and spits. He has brought the game into disrepute.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/aanfpo/dave_ward_yellow_card_possible_spit/

Just took a look at World Rugby guidelines and I would suggest that if found guilty he is in serious trouble, 9.27.

https://www.world.rugby/handbook/regulations/reg-17/appendix-1?lang=en

I also think Josh Bassett on Mike Brown may be looked at, Gustard has called this out publicly.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 09:10:16 AM by RBB »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2018, 10:22:55 AM »
I also think Josh Bassett on Mike Brown may be looked at, Gustard has called this out publicly.

I was also a bit surprised that nothing more was made of it.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2018, 10:30:39 AM »
I would suggest that it is in part a 'tit for tat' response as the Dave Ward issue is clear to see and Gustard wanted to divert attention away from it. Wales Online reporting as much as 12 weeks for Ward potentially.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/dave-ward-spitting-allegation-wales-15610058

My fear is that Bassett gets cited and a short ban, we are low on top quality wingers and can ill afford anymore absentees, the back line improved yesterday, notwithstanding ED and WLR being absent for large parts of the match. The citing report(s), if there is one, will need to be filed today I think.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2018, 10:48:45 AM »
I wonder what Buster White would have done if someone spat at him? I expect the only one who would approve of his response would be Vlad the Impaler. ;D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2018, 11:49:27 AM »

I was also a bit surprised that nothing more was made of it.

Was there anything in it though? The replays were shown a load of times and Brown seemed to jump up an over a glued to the ground Bassett. We're in danger to buying penalties/bans if the incident was as I saw it, anyway.