Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ospreys  (Read 1610 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Ospreys
« on: January 13, 2024, 10:31:34 AM »
Looking to move from a super ground because.....
20k is too much.
Yes, that's right kids, 20k is too much and we are going to have a 28k stadium. Hmm.
Fwiw I have had freebies from there- all clubs give a fair few freebies despite the protestations of venomous cretins like Grendel- and it just doesn't work there. It isn't as bad as Murrayfield was when we played Edinburgh in about 07 ish, but it is bad. The Wasps atmosphere on 17k out of 32 was better than Ospreys IMHO, for a valid comparison I would look at when we had crowds of 10k or under, as in the development cup.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/welsh-region-plan-leave-stadium-28436805

Robson9

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ospreys
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 10:48:55 AM »
28k is an absurd idea.

Last season the highest attendance for a game outside of the party games at Twiceknham/Spurs was Tigers with 22k. 16k highest attednance for Bears, 14k for Gloucester, all the way down to 6k highest for Falcons.

28k is just delusions of grandeur - theyd never fill it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ospreys
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 10:52:06 AM »
Much as I doubt it will transpire I think the idea was similar to Racing's Indoor Arena which can be used all year round for concerts and other events not just the small handful of rugby games. Or like Oriam in Edinburgh used by multiple sports for all weather training. An open air 28K stadium for rugby only is bonkers.
Let me tell you something cucumber