Always a Wasp

Author Topic: We all knew this but from others it hurts  (Read 3006 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: We all knew this but from others it hurts
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2024, 12:56:30 PM »
Exeter did even less, which is Wonky?s point.

Really?
They took an academy player, who had never played in a prem game & within a season he was an England international.....
If they had done nothing he would still be a squad player, which, if Wasps hadn't gone under, I suspect he still would be. IMO of course.

Robson9

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2024, 08:12:16 PM »

Really?
They took an academy player, who had never played in a prem game & within a season he was an England international.....
If they had done nothing he would still be a squad player, which, if Wasps hadn't gone under, I suspect he still would be. IMO of course.

The idea that exeter have done less for his development is such an utterly bizarre take. He was at wasps for what? 5 rounds of rugby i believe? So less than 2 full months of rugby plus a preseason.

24 games for Exeter in just over one full season, most of which  he was a starter, where he's become an England international and probably the most hyped young backiine player in the country under their tutelage. I get the annoyance at a commentator hinting that exeter plucked him straight from uni and not mentioning wasps, but there's quite a difference between that situation and say, the way sarries fans talk about how they developed billy v into an international, forgetting hia time at wasps. Its quite clearly exeter who have turned immanual into the player he currently is (or at the very least, the ones who gave him the opportunity to do so)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 08:13:54 PM by Robson9 »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2024, 08:14:06 PM »
Wasps did it with Billy V.  Academy, one year as a Senior and in May he played for England in Argentina.

Robson9

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2024, 08:18:57 PM »
Wasps did it with Billy V.  Academy, one year as a Senior and in May he played for England in Argentina.

Yer I know - that's why I'm saying it's not tbe same situation as IFW (even if sarries fans pretend otherwise)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2024, 12:02:57 PM »

Really?
They took an academy player
, who had never played in a prem game & within a season he was an England international.....
Why would that be? I?m not saying Wasps have done more than Exeter. Just that Exeter haven?t done much. He?s obviously a talent but most of his development was pre Wasps in Wales. That?s where the groundwork has been put in.