Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs  (Read 209171 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs
« Reply #1065 on: June 29, 2024, 10:58:58 AM »
Bath Rugby has today confirmed that lock Elliot Stooke will be leaving the club despite only returning at the end of last year.

Often referred to as ?the nicest man in rugby?, Stooke has been a fan favourite at the West Country side since his original debut back in 2016 before he headed off to the now-defunct Wasps back in 2021.

After 14 appearances for the former Coventry-based side, Stooke found himself without a club as Wasps fell into administration following a series of financial issues.

In his second time around at Bath, Stooke helped his teammates reach the Gallagher Premiership final, falling just short to Northampton in the final.

The 30-year-old had the following to say about his time back at Bath: ?I had a great time at Bath, it was a shame we couldn?t get it over the line, but I believe in what Johann (van Graan) and team are doing and silverware for this team isn?t far away.?

Despite leaving the club, head coach Johan Van Graan emphasised that his best is ?yet to come? in a statement shared on the club?s website: ?What a brilliant team man Elliott is.? Van Graan said.

?He made a great return to Bath this season both on and off the field. We wish him the very best, and I can?t speak highly enough of him. His best is definitely yet to come.?

No news as of yet into his next venture, but the 6ft 6in second row who started his career at Gloucester Rugby will no doubt have plenty of offers.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs
« Reply #1066 on: June 29, 2024, 07:00:17 PM »
Hurray for St. Jimmy