Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Interesting Article in the Coventry Telegraph re. Injury Stats.  (Read 2111 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Interesting Article in the Coventry Telegraph re. Injury Stats.
« on: January 03, 2019, 08:39:45 PM »
Jacob Leeks & Bobby Bridge on Wasps damning injury statistics.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-news-dai-young-squad-15626717

I know our injuries have been bad this season but this is frightening.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Article in the Coventry Telegraph re. Injury Stats.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:47:55 PM »
Quite a startling article and set of figures. Does show we are heavily stretched.
Let me tell you something cucumber

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 09:31:41 AM »
Does anyone know if similar stats exist anywhere for the league as a whole? I'd love to know who Wasps compares with other clubs.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 09:40:20 AM »
It's an interesting way of looking at it.  I'd be interested to see what percentage of the time those "1st" choice players played last season as a comparison. I don't think Mullan got much game time, but I could be wrong.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 10:09:54 AM »
Does anyone know if similar stats exist anywhere for the league as a whole? I'd love to know who Wasps compares with other clubs.

I would think Bath would give us a good run for our money. Some of those attendance percentages are affected by international duty (one of which was unforeseen , WLR).

I was thinking about the TT situation and recalling the angst of many Tigger supporters who felt hard done by their lock being banned for a shoulder to chin/head tackle on TT. They pointed out that TT didn't even stay down but got back straight to his feet so it shouldn't have been a red or ban.

Given that TT has been out for so long with symptons of concussion.. quite possibly as a result of successive hits similar to that points to the fact that regardless of how the player instantly reacts (knocked out or gets straight back up), tackles like that do need to receive reds to try and deter players from leading with shoulders high to the shoulder/head area. As yet we don't know the long term affect its having on some of the current crop of players (isn't a former player suing Sale for this, having had to retire at 23 due to concusssion problems? )

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 10:31:55 AM »
It would be interesting to see the stats around the how many of those players were available per game.  That would give an idea of how weak the teams we have put out have been.