Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Players meeting last week  (Read 1615 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Players meeting last week
« on: January 05, 2019, 10:32:39 AM »
Courtesy of Bobby Bridge.

Looks like the players had their own clear the air meeting.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-news-nizaam-carr-15628977

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Players meeting last week
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 10:56:05 AM »
Some sensible comments by Nemo about the coaches.

"The coaches are putting loads of work in and I see sometimes they are hurting in the way we are performing, only because they know what we can do and we're not giving that to them.

A coach can only work up until a certain point and then the responsibility is on us. Sometimes coaches take a lot of the blame, I feel we have 80 or 90 per cent responsibility on how we perform.

"At the end of the day you are on the pitch, you have got the option to carry the ball, tackle and work hard, not the coaches."
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:25:26 PM »
Good article

I must admit that I'd find it hard to believe that words have not been spoken before with Shields and Carr in the side, players who have played top level elsewhere and have provided leadership to teams elsewhere.

I think the loss of players who would have said something may have been an issue, Haskell and Thompson are nobody's idea of shrinking violets, ditto Danny and with Jimmy injured, I suppose it was too easy to let things "slip" a little?

It certainly was my thought when especially Haskell left

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 01:07:13 PM »
It's not a surprise that meetings like this are happening, but I'm glad that they are being publicised.  Hopefully it will stop people assuming that because we aren't being told things that nothing is happening.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here