Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ruck marks on the Ire Eng game  (Read 1778 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Ruck marks on the Ire Eng game
« on: February 06, 2019, 08:49:44 AM »
Some of you might remember my ruck marks from before, so I did it for the Ire Eng game for the English pack.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zRLrpJWclQgNbIp9NrEzmZe77gKtOtZ8H6XeJ9tlzIA/edit?usp=sharing

Final Tables tab is probably the bit most people will really want to look at, there should be notes for the columns explaining what it's supposed to show.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ruck marks on the Ire Eng game
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 09:21:21 AM »
Interesting stuff (just had a glance really).

One thing that stands out is the difference in the number of players hitting attacking rucks compared to defensive rucks. Do you have the total number of attacking rucks and defensive rucks and an average number of players England committed to attacking and defensive rucks? Is this proportion much different to what you normally see or is that pretty typical?

e.g. George Kruis didn't hit any defensive rucks (his overall numbers look good so I'm not picking on him, it just stands out a bit) but he hit lots of attacking rucks.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 09:23:50 AM »
England haven't been hitting many defensive rucks in general for some time. Numbers in the line trumps hitting rucks.

You can count up how many rucks quickly enough by going on the Raw tabs, basically look at the bottom, see how many rows, and minus 1.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 04:28:26 PM »
Thanks, interesting to see again. Tom Curry stands out.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 04:40:51 PM »
Curry's physicality took another big step forward in this game, I was impressed.

Mako was by far the biggest standout though, his workrate is truly insane for a prop.