Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Transcript of Nick Eastwood's words  (Read 9886 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript of Nick Eastwood's words
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2019, 12:52:07 PM »
Wasps really need to be briefing the rugby writers in the media why Wasps are taking the stance they are. Today the Guardian has an article having obviously spoken to the football side. Need to try and get more of the "true" situation out.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2019, 01:01:15 PM »
Wasps really need to be briefing the rugby writers in the media why Wasps are taking the stance they are. Today the Guardian has an article having obviously spoken to the football side. Need to try and get more of the "true" situation out.

I cannot see any of the mainline press publishing any news that closely resembles the 'real' truth of any subject. It is why I stopped reading printed media a very long time ago. Anybody who does continue to read their garbage is likely not interested in the truth, and they most likely live inside a media bubble that matches their own world view.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2019, 01:29:13 PM »
Having read the article (I presume Neils follows football news as well as I would have never stumbled across the article) I'm not sure Wasps or CCC need to defend their position by mirroring SISU's PR tactics. I don't think the article pins any blame to either CCC or Wasps but just explains there is an impasse (interesting to note the writers surname is Fisher... hmm) and is written aimed at football supporters so will have a slight football bias.

It does mention the some CCFC supporters will be visiting SISU's HQ this Thursday which is good. I hope they can arrange for a few tv or newspaper cameras to be present.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2019, 01:34:01 PM »
Don't totally agree/don't totally disagree. My point is that the SISU components are waging a publicity campaign to promote how hard done by they are. By doing this it paints Wasps along with CCC in a growing darker light. Wasps seem to only respond to questions directly asked. My point is that it would do no harm to point out who is taking legal action more widely.
I got the Guardian article on one of my Wasps news feeds.
Let me tell you something cucumber