Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Zebra Finance Problems  (Read 4835 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Zebra Finance Problems
« on: March 28, 2019, 03:40:40 PM »
https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/club-statement-on-zebra-finance/

Just checked my Footy Club and they have a similar statement out and the fans forum has links to many FCs saying the same thing.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Mikeuk56

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Zebra Finance Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 04:29:37 PM »
I had confirmation of my automatic renewal at the end of February. Despite the assurances in the press release that applications already made will be valid you cant help but feel concerned.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 04:47:14 PM »
I had confirmation of my automatic renewal at the end of February. Despite the assurances in the press release that applications already made will be valid you cant help but feel concerned.

Absolutely. I hope everything works out for you.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 04:53:07 PM »
They seem to have pulled out completely from "football" financing. Surprising the number of clubs putting their season ticket renewal finance with this one company.
Let me tell you something cucumber

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 05:41:51 PM »
A splash screen on Zebra's website says that auto renewals are being cancelled, just copied it into this post.. I have a new ST that we've added for which the first payment has gone out already but our 3 renewal ST's are on the auto renew. Payment usually goes out on the 29th so will see if it goes or not. This could be highly problematic for many including us.

Important Information

Zebra Finance Limited is no longer accepting credit applications from new or existing customers. Zebra Finance Limited continues to operate to service existing customers.

Important Information if you have an open agreement with Zebra Finance Limited

Your credit agreement with Zebra Finance Limited is still live and you will need to continue paying by Direct Debit

Zebra Finance Limited will continue to collect your payments as normal. This will be by Direct Debit and will shows as RRSZebra on your bank statement.

Important information if you are currently applying for a loan with Zebra Finance Limited
If you have applied for credit and your application has not yet been accepted or you have not signed your credit agreement your application will now be cancelled and you will be notified of this in writing.

You will need to contact your services supplier (club/clinic) to arrange an alternative method of payment.

If you have received your activation/Direct Debit Instruction letter your loan will be live, payment will be made to your services supplier (club/clinic) and payments will be taken as detailed in your credit agreement, they will show as RRSZebra on your bank statement.

Auto Renewal customers
If you are an auto renewal customer, your credit agreement will not be renewed and we will be writing out to you shortly.

You will need to contact your club to arrange alternative payment methods for your season ticket/golf membership.

Questions regarding Season Tickets or Golf Memberships
Any questions regarding your season ticket itself or your golf membership should be directed to your club in the first instance.

If you have any questions, please contact us on 01332 680400 or enquiries@zebrafinance.com.

© 2019 Vocalcom
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 05:49:10 PM by BlackCountryWasp »

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
That suggests that the FCA has pulled their license.

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 06:23:57 PM »
That was my initial thought NWW. Either that or they are going into administration.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 07:06:56 PM »
Aston Villa state that Zebra have had their funding withdrawn.

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 09:12:51 PM »
Daily Star are running a story that says about Raphael's Bank who fund Zebra have been deemed insolvent and part of their winding down plan stipulates no new lending. So for Zebra to continue they need to find a new funder but that will take time.

Lots of clubs, primarily football are effected including Rangers, Celtic, Arsenal, Villa and Leeds to name a few. Hopefully we will be looking to a plan B to be available quickly, otherwise it's payment up front again.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 06:56:29 AM »
I wonder if Zebra have taken payments from supporters but not passed those onto the various clubs? Yikes!

Mikeuk56

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 09:23:27 AM »
Call the Ticket office today and they confirmed that no automatic renewals will being going through, and the only option at the moment is to pay in full.

They did however say that like lots of other clubs they are looking at alternate finance option but they were only made aware of the problem yeterday (28/03/2019)

They confirmed that my tickets will be held until April 28th by which time they may have alternate payment options in place but if not it will be a one off full payment.

This however was only view of the person on the phone I dont think anyone there really knows as it has happened so suddenely

Oh well what ever happens I will still be there next season ;)

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 05:14:17 PM »
MikeUK. I received the same message when I rang the ticket office.

It sounds like the club will try and get an alternative in place ASAP but arranging it might take a bit of time. I have a feeling that the renewal window may extend if they are close to a new deal at Easter.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 07:22:00 AM »
I got the following email from Zebra on Friday.

Dear Customer,

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR ZEBRA FINANCE APPLICATION

We are writing to you in relation to your recent Zebra Finance Limited (Zebra) credit application.

You may have seen in the media that Zebra Finance Limited is no longer able to offer credit to new or existing customers due to the actions of Raphaels Bank who have withdrawn from funding as a result of their difficulties with the Bank of England.

This email is to advise you that the Auto Renewal agreement that was in place with Zebra Finance will not be renewed and has been cancelled. If a credit footprint has been left by Zebra Finance for the most recent renewal application it will be removed from your credit file in due course.

You should continue to make any remaining monthly payments on your current agreement, after which Zebra Finance will cancel your Direct Debit to ensure that no further payments are taken.

We are sincerely sorry we are unable to help you and would advise you to contact your club for alternative ways to pay.

Kind Regards

Peter Fletcher
Zebra Finance Limited

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 10:40:50 AM »
I had the same email on Friday, then this morning received this one:

Dear Customer,

We are writing to you in relation to your Zebra Finance Limited (Zebra) credit agreement.

You may have seen in the media that Zebra Finance Ltd is no longer able to offer credit to new or existing customers due to the actions of Raphaels Bank who have withdrawn from funding as a result of their difficulties with the Bank of England.

This email is to advise you that if you are an existing Zebra customer or you have recently taken out a credit agreement with Zebra which has been signed and completed, nothing has changed and that your credit agreement is still live and should be paid as normal on a monthly basis through your Direct Debit. Zebra will continue to operate as before in terms of the servicing and administration of your account and the telephone numbers and contact details are exactly as before.

All payments must continue to be made in line with your terms and conditions.

Kind Regards

Peter Fletcher
Zebra Finance Limited

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2019, 01:30:45 PM »
I had the same email on Friday, then this morning received this one:

Dear Customer,

We are writing to you in relation to your Zebra Finance Limited (Zebra) credit agreement.

You may have seen in the media that Zebra Finance Ltd is no longer able to offer credit to new or existing customers due to the actions of Raphaels Bank who have withdrawn from funding as a result of their difficulties with the Bank of England.

This email is to advise you that if you are an existing Zebra customer or you have recently taken out a credit agreement with Zebra which has been signed and completed, nothing has changed and that your credit agreement is still live and should be paid as normal on a monthly basis through your Direct Debit. Zebra will continue to operate as before in terms of the servicing and administration of your account and the telephone numbers and contact details are exactly as before.

All payments must continue to be made in line with your terms and conditions.

Kind Regards

Peter Fletcher
Zebra Finance Limited

Am I reading this correctly.. that Zebra want you to keep making payments whilst being told not to trade? Errr?