Always a Wasp

Author Topic: A Couple of Nice Tries for Ben Vellacott Last Weekend.  (Read 1553 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A Couple of Nice Tries for Ben Vellacott Last Weekend.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 03:49:04 PM »
With both final passes and initial breaks coming from Jake Polledri, who’s a hell of a player.

Vellacott seems to very much be in the same mould as Robson.  Not sure why he hasn’t featured much for Gloucester this year and instead Brailey and Heinz have been playing predominantly.

That said, Robson rarely got a sniff when Laidlaw was there and look how he turned out!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 07:52:31 PM »
I am excited for BV as I was for Robson.
I think he will be an excellent signing. I expect him to turn his knee in preseason, but hey ho. Long term he has wheels and that is what I want to see- pace wins matches.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 09:56:17 PM »
Braley and Heinz are real nuts and bolts scrum halves, solid and good at the basics, exits, box kicks, organising the forwards and at Gloucester following he key role in attack of just give the ball to Cips.

Vellacott is a more independent SH and attacking threat like Robson and is rumoured to have had a fall out with Cips and also Ackerman along the way over playing style and game plan