Always a Wasp

Author Topic: As Usual It's All Our Fault..........Any Excuse Will Do.  (Read 2277 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
As Usual It's All Our Fault..........Any Excuse Will Do.
« on: June 26, 2019, 12:20:12 PM »
Multi-millionaire claims he quit Coventry City takeover consortium because of Wasps

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-wasps-takeover-hoffman-16484746

Does he really think that anyone seriously interested in buying CCFC won't talk to the landlords?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
Re: As Usual It's All Our Fault..........Any Excuse Will Do.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 12:25:11 PM »
I thought it was odd.  It seems that the thrust of the article was: I've left, there was some discussions with the landlords, I don't know if there was any other involvement with Wasps but there may have been and because I've left I think it could be Wasps' fault.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 12:43:00 PM »
Certainly they were involved in the consortium, they weren't directly talking to Sisu to buy it, but, they were certainly... they'd have to be, really, because obviously the consortium would need a long-term view with getting in the Ricoh and also, help the consortium as well.

He's about as coherent as Boris Johnson discussing his favourite hobby.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 02:48:23 PM »
I really do not see why Wasps would want to buy a football club. Wasps do not have the revenue to fund one and our primary shareholder does no have the wherewithal, unlike the Bristol owner. You need serious squillions to fund a football club.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 02:54:23 PM »
I really do not see why Wasps would want to buy a football club. Wasps do not have the revenue to fund one and our primary shareholder does no have the wherewithal, unlike the Bristol owner. You need serious squillions to fund a football club.

We don't. It's only Joy lying through her teeth again that says we do.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 03:44:59 PM »
how do you make a small fortune from owning a football club, start with a big one....... SISU 50 million loss :) :) :) :) :)

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 09:56:48 AM »
I see Les Reid is extrapolating from interviews and 'people who are not involved but are close to the consortium' who think that Wasps were involved.  We clearly were putting money in, £5m apparently.  Then again, I know a mate who drinks with someone, who knows someone who sees Dai walking his dog occasionally, and she says we didn't.