Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 3748 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: November 02, 2019, 06:49:55 AM »
As with last Saturday, I am up early and will be off before 9AM to go pick my daughter up from Stanstead Airport (a 2 and a half hour drive from the Midlands). So, I will miss what might be the pinnacle of English Rugby for decades. Such is the life of a parent :-(

Never worry though, her car is waiting for her at my father's house, so I will eject her and her bf there, collect my father, and on to this afternoon's game at the Ricoh. Every game this year is going to be tough. I think the sooner we all get to understand that and accept what it is, the better. Go to watch rugby, and hope that Wasps win.

It's going to be wet and windy, so kicks will spiral out of control, handling will be poor. Situation normal then for Wasps.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 07:17:33 AM »
Morning NWW. We will pass st some time as journey up involves getting around Stansted. Remember the 40 mph sections of the A14 with nasty average speed cameras - they do work!. Weather forecast looks not too good from the Beeb with possibly rain passing but as you say the wind forecast looks bad.
Good journey for all and please please a W.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 07:29:05 AM »
Morning NWW. We will pass st some time as journey up involves getting around Stansted. Remember the 40 mph sections of the A14 with nasty average speed cameras - they do work!. Weather forecast looks not too good from the Beeb with possibly rain passing but as you say the wind forecast looks bad.
Good journey for all and please please a W.

Morning Neils. I shall be joining the M40 at J13 southbound down to the M25, round to the M11 and up that to Stanstead, and then in reverse the route back to M40 J13 and then to my dad's house, which is close to J14 of the M40 (J13 and J14 are half junctions with a mile of main road between, and my dad's house is a few hundred yards off that connector road).

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 07:30:20 AM »
Good morning all.  Watching the World Cup Final first so driving up with daughter today.  Fearing a defeat at Coventry but who knows.  Safe travels one and all.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 07:36:56 AM »
Morning all!

Watching the England game at home, and then attempting to follow the Wasps game while ferrying the kids around.

Its gonna be good to see Jimmy back, but I doubt he'll be the messiah some seem to think. My heart says we could win, my head says we'll struggle.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 07:43:29 AM »
Morning all, just about to leave for my local club to watch the final with breakfast and £2 a pint until midday, then across to the Ricoh. Am child free this weekend as well with both on residentials so must have been a good lad this year! Safe travels all.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 07:44:21 AM »
NWW whatever the route drive carefully. Out walking the dog and a beautiful blue sky, mild still morning. I can see a weather front off in the distance though. Amazing the number of people out earlier than usual and my local opened at 7.30.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 07:58:21 AM »
The blue skies that were here at dawn are now replaced with black and threatening clouds and the wind has picked up a lot. Time to get some breakfast, then get going.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 08:02:03 AM »
Morning all,

A mild morning in Warwickshire but the forecast predicts the rain to start soon.

I'm beginning to wake up on match days hoping rather than expecting a good performace and possibly a win (and also hoping that we don't pick up another injury)

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 08:14:08 AM »
Morning All.

Fingers crossed that today will not be an anti climax on two counts!

England if they perform as they did last week, have an excellent chance.

Wasps with the back division that we have today, will hopefully spark us in life. #COYW.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 08:18:42 AM »
Am child free this weekend as well with both on residentials so must have been a good lad this year!

Well played sir!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2019, 08:20:27 AM »
Whoop. Daughter has just sent me a message that her flight is delayed by 1-2 hours (Ryanair). Timings all out. So now I can watch the England game, and her mum will go pick her up. Result. It is now raining hard here.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 08:25:05 AM »
Sky looks threatening here in Prestwood.

Lazy morning, I understand there's something on the TV to watch first. Then at midday down to Morrisons to fill the car up (I see diesel is back up to 126 a litre) and then along the A40 to Stokenchurch and then onto the M40 for the trip to the Ricoh.

Hopefully we will see lots of Eddie Stobart lorries on the M40, as we are convinced Wasps performances are related to the number of those we see. Five or less we lose.

NorthYorksWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2019, 08:33:16 AM »
Morning all from a dry but cloudy and breezy Yorks Dales. Dogs will have to wait for a walk with the son, no time today. Breakfast, watch the final then straight in the car for three and a half hours to Coventry, the joys of a (probably) soaking wet M1! Looking forward to this one, bragging rights up for grabs as my bro is a Barf supporter. On paper a close contest, can’t be confident though after the last two weeks. Here’s hoping. Safe journeys all, COYW!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 08:44:53 AM »
Morning all from a very windy Hastings. Just finishing my breakfast and about to settle down on the sofa with a large mug of builder's tea to watch the overture to our game. Can't be arsed with all the prelims. I know that some people like them but not me.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!